The Tibor Everglades Fly Reel is a high-performing, corrosion resistant reel fly fishing enthusiasts can count on for both saltwater and freshwater use. Introduced by world-renowned fly reel engineer, Ted Juracsik, the legendary Everglades Reel is the only reel you need for chasing Steelhead, Salmon, Bonefish, Permit, Dorado or Bluefish with a fly rod. Transformed from solid aluminum bar stock into a high-performing, sealed-against-the-elements saltwater reel, the Everglades is designed with a hard coated, aluminum main gear for minimal heat buildup and great strength, while both the main gear and spool rotate flawlessly on 3 precision stainless steel ball bearings.
The concept behind this entire reel is less is more, and this is very evident in the Everglades' absolutely flawless impregnated cork disc drag system which is the smoothest, strongest and most reliable system ever developed. It has a wide range of adjustment, an excellent detent system to keep the adjustment knob from turning too easily and enough power to stop a runaway truck. Light in weight, with a large outer hub that supports tremendous line capacity, the Everglades Fly Reel offers a quick retrieval rate, which is critical when you're trying to control defiant sport fish. Made in USA.
For additional specifications on the Everglades Fly Reel
- Special Features:
- Large outer and hub diameters offer quick retrieve, even when backing is low
- Hard coated, aluminum main gear for minimal heat build-up and great strength
- The main gear and spool rotate flawlessly on three precision, stainless steel ball bearings
- Impregnated cork disc drag is ultra-smooth and incredibly strong
- Open hubbed, perforated spool and drum keep the reel cool during scorching runs
- Dented drag adjustment is smooth and positive
- Balanced reel stand incorporates a hook keeper and spare clutch dog springs
- Easily converted from right hand to left hand retrieve
- Each reel is serialized for identification and protection
- Includes an extra thick neoprene reel case for storage and transport
, and to discover everything it has to offer.
Click here for a reel diagram.