The phrase "don't bring a knife to a gun fight" makes perfect sense to the experienced fly fishing aficionado. That's where the Simms® Guide Nipper comes in. No more fumbling, twisting, or even cussing at an inefficient cutter. This little gem is made for a lifetime, and deliberately overbuilt to make sure your time on the water remains productive even while rerigging. Incredibly strong and lightweight, the Guide Nipper features laser-etched, aerospace-grade 6061-T6 machined aluminum arms with Type II anodizing, and riveted 17-4 H900 stainless steel jaws with Rockwell C 44 hardness. The cutters are surgically sharpened and will slice cleanly through any size monofilament or fluorocarbon leader or tippet. There's even a handy little eye cleaner nestled into one arm. Attachment loop for hanging on a clip. Dimensions: 1-5/8"L x 5/8"W. Made in USA.
- Overbuilt for a lifetime of heavy use
- Super-strong, lightweight, and surgically sharp
- Aerospace-grade machined aluminum arms
- Type II anodized and laser-etched
- Riveted, Rockwell C 44 stainless steel jaws
- Cleanly cuts any size mono or fluorocarbon
- Eye cleaning needle