Go toe-to-toe with the meanest fish in the sea, and win the battle, with the Penn® Slammer® III Spinning Reel. This reinvented version of an old favorite pushes the envelope on spinning reel performance for heavy-duty saltwater applications from albacore to tuna, and everything in between. It boasts a number of features never before seen on a single Penn spinning reel. Built for unrelenting strength and reliability, with an all-aluminum Full Metal Body, sideplate, and rotor, the Slammer III's body, gearbox, and spool are sealed to IPX6 specifications, to protect key internals from the ravages of heavy seas and pounding salt spray. The top-end Slammer Drag System is also fully sealed; and completely beefed-up with massive Dura-Drag™ phenolic-coated carbon-fiber washers, providing smooth, consistent drag power from 30 lbs. in the smallest 3500 size to 60 lbs. in the 10000 size. CNC Gear™ technology includes full brass, fully machined to ultra-close tolerances, for extreme cranking power with no hesitation. With its smooth-and-steady 6+1 stainless steel bearing system and machined-aluminum handle knob, The Penn Slammer III fishes extremely well from a kayak, into the surf, inshore, or offshore; there simply are no limits. Features line capacity markings on both spool walls, for quick reference from any angle. Standard models are trimmed in gold and include a spare EVA handle knob for swap-outs. High Speed (HS) models have red trim and include 2 separate handle assemblies, 1 for jigging and 1 for casting.
- An old favorite, reinvented and beefed up
- For heavy-duty saltwater applications
- Unrelenting strength and reliability
- All-aluminum Full Metal Body, sideplate, and rotor
- Sealed to IPX6 specifications
- Fully sealed Slammer Drag System
- Massive Dura-Drag phenolic-coated carbon-fiber washers
- Smooth, consistent drag power from 30-60 lbs.
- CNC Gear technology with full brass for extreme cranking power
- 6+1 stainless steel bearing system
- Machined-aluminum handle knob
- Line capacity markings on both spool walls
- Standard models have gold trim and include a spare EVA handle knob
- High Speed (HS) models have red trim and include 1 jigging and 1 casting handle
Web ID: 2336302