Oakley® has spent decades engineering combat-ready equipment for the U.S. Armed Forces, and SI Ballistic M Frame® 3.0 OO9146 Sunglasses bring the future of protective eyewear to today's battlefield and beyond. These Oakley Standard Issue military sunglasses do more than just protect against ballistic fragmentation; they also provide optical clarity to help soldiers avoid the danger in the first place. Just over an ounce in weight, this rugged design meets or exceeds the ballistic fragmentation impact standards of MIL PRF-31013, Clause 18.104.22.168, and the high-mass and high-velocity impact requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2003/2010.
These Oakley sunglasses feature impact- and chemical-resistant O-Matter® frames with a comfortable, nonslip Unobtainium® nose pad and thin stems that make wearing over-ear hearing protection and communication systems much more comfortable. The SI Ballistic M Frame 3.0 is fully compatible with helmet-mounted night-vision devices as well as MICH, ACH, CVC, PASGT, and Crye™ Helmets—no more headaches on the job when you're wearing these bad boys! An anti-fog coating on the single, shield-style Plutonite® lens ensures clear, unobstructed vision and provides 100% UVA/UVB protection while filtering harmful blue light. The visual fidelity of High Definition Optics® (HDO) and Oakley's patented optical technologies maintain clarity at all angles of vision. Select styles feature Prizm lenses for ultra-precise color tuning in any environment. If you want to perform your duties to the best of your abilities, wear Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame 3.0 OO9146 Sunglasses. Made in USA.
Manufacturer style #: OO9146.
- Single shield-style lens made of Plutonite, Oakley's high purity optical-grade polycarbonate
- 100% UVA/UVB protection; also filters harmful blue light up to 400nm wavelength
- Lens features Oakley High Definition Optics with Polaric Ellipsoid™ geometry
- Advanced anti-fog coating
- Meets or exceeds high mass and high velocity impact requirements per ANSI Z87.1-2003/2010
- Meets or exceeds ballistic fragmentation impact standards per MIL PRF-31013, Clause 22.214.171.124
- Select styles feature Prizm lenses for ultra-precise color tuning in any environment
- Comfortable, nonslip Unobtainium nose pad
- Impact- and chemical-resistant O-Matter frame material
- Thin stems enable compatibility with over-ear hearing protection and communication systems
- Ultra-lightweight design (1.05 oz. total weight)
- Full compatibility with helmet-mounted night vision devices
- Full compatibility with MICH, ACH, CVC, PASGT, and Crye Helmets
About Oakley lenses
Prizm: Designed to deliver ultra-precise color tuning for any environment. By fine-tuning individual wavelengths of color to make everything vivid and vibrant, Prizm sharpens visual acuity to reveal nuances that would otherwise be missed by the naked eye.
Iridium: This special metal oxide coating allows Oakley to fine-tune lenses of any color. The iridium coating regulates contrast, glare, reflection, light transmission, and light absorption, tailoring the lenses to better fit specific conditions.
Gradient: Offers a smooth transition in shading from a darker top to a lighter bottom while still retaining true color perception.
Photochromic: A premium option for select single-lens eyewear designs, it darkens the lens automatically to help you adapt to changing light and always perform at your best. Even when the photochromic lens color lightens, it still filters out 100% of all UV.
Standard Issue (SI): Oakley Standard Issue is a dedicated division within Oakley, Inc. that is committed to serving the specific needs of the U.S. military, government, law enforcement, fire, and EMS professionals. Oakley's partnership with the U.S. Armed Forces began in the 1980s. The alliance was formed to develop new technologies that improve the safety, performance, and comfort of America's soldiers and safety professionals. Oakley's obsession with research and development continues to produce combat-ready equipment for those whose lives depend on their gear, and Oakley is honored to earn the respect of the world's best.