Built to power through rough, debris-filled snow piles and paddle snow out quickly, the Responder™ Snow Science and Rescue Shovel from MSR® belongs in every snow rescue kit. Made to fit easily into a daypack thanks to its ultra-compact blade and reduced scooping angle, the Responder also features a 2-section, non-rotational telescoping shaft with fast lockpin for fast, hassle-free deployment. The aggressive, high strength, 6061-T6 hard-anodized aluminum blade features a traditional, flat chopping face for smooth snow walls and serrated edge for breaking through ice and debris-filled snow. Ergonomic T-handle works well with any kind of glove. Versatile extendable shaft allows you to match the shovel's length to the task facing you. Weight: 1 lb. 6 oz. 32" long.
Manufacturer model #: 3158.
- Tough and packable rescue shovel
- Great for backcountry emergency kits - great for rescues and other outdoor snow tasks
- Lightweight 6061-T6 hard-anodized aluminum snow blade
- Compact blade design with reduced scooping angle
- Neckless blade design maximum durability
- 2-section, non-rotational telescoping shaft and fast lockpin
- Ergonomic T-handle
- Tough packable blade with flat chopping face and ice-busting serrated leading edge
Web ID: 14111405170342