For more than 110 years, the Hardy® Bougl_ Fly Reel has stood as one of the most revered fly reels in angling history. First produced in 1903 at the request of French angler Louis Bougl_, this exceptional reel epitomizes the then-revolutionary concept of crafting compact, lightweight reels that would balance nicely with the lighter fly rods yet still offer plenty of line capacity. Today, any angler who prefers the traditional feel and handling of old-school reels will be suitably impressed by the Hardy Bougl_ Fly Reel's performance. Though it's now machined from vented, deep-anodized bar stock aluminum and features a reversible click-and-pawl with a wider drag range, it still sports the famous caged frame with raised pillars, wide standard arbor, and hand-polished pearl-silver finish. In other words, the Bougl_ is nothing less than history in your hands. Easily changes between left- and right-hand retrieve. Comes with custom soft leather, sheepskin-lined reel pouch.
- Famous iconic design, virtually unchanged since 1903
- Traditional feel and handling
- Durable naval brass bushing and spindle
- Spool is interchangeable with earlier versions
- Easily changed left-right retrieve
- Includes custom soft leather, sheepskin-lined pouch
Web ID: 2219543