"Food in Jars: Preserving in Small Batches Year-Round" is a distinctive, heirloom-style recipe book filled with how-tos and ideas for all types of fruit and vegetable preserving. Author and food blogger Marisa McClellan takes you through basics like jams and jellies, and then on to pickles, chutneys, conserves, whole fruit, tomato sauces, salsas, marmalades, nut butters, seasonings, and more. Small batches make these recipes easy for the novice, and the flavors of vanilla bean, sage, and pepper offer new challenges for experienced jammers. Seasonal recipes include Apricot Jam, Rhubarb Syrup, Blueberry Butter, Peach Salsa, Beans and Spicy Pickled Cauliflower, Three-Citrus Marmalade, and Cranberry Ketchup. "Food in Jars" contains over 100 recipes and many artful full-color photos. Hardcover. 240 pages. Made in USA.
- Filled with recipes and insights into the art of preserving
- Food blogger Marisa McClellan shares engaging personal experiences
- Brought to life with beautiful photography
- A treasure of information and a pleasure to read
- A wonderful gift for gardeners, canners, or foodies
- Over 100 recipes
Web ID: 1308061622