The quest to fool a fussy, super-selective native trout is perhaps the toughest challenge in fly fishing. The Temple Fork Outfitters Drift Fly Rod is a one-of-a-kind tool designed to help you succeed in this daunting endeavor, regardless of the environment or application. It's an extremely lightweight, multi-piece rod made of TFO's highest-modulus carbon fiber and equipped with some innovative features that allow you to adapt the rod itself to any situation. The balanced, soft-action tip section offers quick damping, and functions perfectly no matter how the rest of the rod is configured. At any time, you can add additional length to the TFO Drift Rod's basic 4-piece, 9' blank; it comes with 2 matched sections, in lengths of 12" and 27", which can be incorporated as needed to create overall rod lengths of 10', 11'3", or 12'6". Unique open-end stripping guides allow you to reconfigure your rod at streamside without removing the reel or unstringing the line. The Drift Rod also features a removable weighted fighting butt, which can be replaced with a 3"L lower cork grip (also included) that's ideal for micro-spey casting, plus 3/8" ID washers that you can add to precisely fine-tune the rod's balance point. Whether you're fishing traditional or tenkara style with dry flies, nymphing, or going two-handed, the Temple Fork Outfitters Drift Fly Rod gives you an amazingly versatile, highly sensitive tool that can handle all techniques with superb agility, and that can be adapted to fit the moment in seconds! Down-locking reel seat; custom hard-side case with sock.
- A one-of-a-kind tool for targeting fussy trout
- Adaptable to any environment or application
- Extremely light, high-modulus carbon fiber blank
- Super-sensitive, soft-action tip with quick damping
- Basic 4-piece, 9' blank configuration
- Length can be adjusted to 10', 11'3", or 12'6"
- Add-on 12" and 27" rod sections
- Open-end stripping guides
- No need to unstring the line when adding sections
- Down-locking reel seat
- Removable weighted fighting butt
- 3"L lower cork grip
- 3/8" ID washers for fine-tuning rod balance
- Custom hard-side case with sock
Web ID: 100085286