Power fly fishing for coastal species. It's a rough-and-tumble game fraught with heartbreak, but the G.Loomis® Pro-4x Shortstix Fly Rod swings the odds to your side. This is true specialty gear, straight from the northeastern coastline, designed to handle hard-charging coldwater species like bluefish and striped bass, as well as their warm-water counterparts—roosterfish, snook, tarpon—and freshwater muskies and pike. Every Pro-4x Shortstix measures just 7'6" from butt to tip and features a solid backbone and an extra-fast taper; you'll find it loads extremely quickly and, with the high line speed this configuration achieves, casts quite long—even with short-head lines and bulky, wind-grabbing flies. Even though it's a 3-piece rod, it travels extremely well (peacock bass, anyone?), and you'll love its super-lightweight feel in the hand. The 8/9 and 9/10 sizes have short full wells grips; the 10/11 and 11/12 feature an integrated fighting grip with short full wells handle. All styles incorporate a large fighting butt for trading blows with those saltwater bullies.
- Specialty design for power fly fishing
- Ideal for blues, stripers, tarpon, muskies, etc.
- 3-piece rod; 7'6" length
- Solid backbone, extra-fast taper
- Extremely quick loading
- Generates exceptionally high line speed
- Casts long, even with short-head lines and large flies
- Super-lightweight feel in the hand
- Sizes 8/9 and 9/10 have full wells grips
- 10/11, 11/12 have integrated fighting grip and full wells handle
- Large fighting butt for extra leverage
Web ID: 100018329