MotorGuide® VariMax™ Great White® Saltwater Hand-Control Bow Mount Trolling Motor
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
MotorGuide® VariMax Great White® Saltwater Hand-Control Bow Mount Trolling Motor's digital variable speed control minimizes amp draw and maximizes fishing time allowing you to fish up to 3-1/2 times longer than a 5-speed motor allows.
ETT = Extending Twist Tiller Steering
- Legendary Great White corrosion protection and durability
- Large diameter 1-1/4'' stainless steel shaft for greater strength, corrosion resistance, and durability
- Powerful 3-1/2'' diameter VariMAX Digital Motors run cooler and last longer
- Revolutionary push/pull, forward/reverse speed adjustments
- BlueVis integrated speed and battery indicator
- Taper-Lock mount with 7-point adjustment eliminates slack
- One-touch rapid slide-depth adjustment collar
- Extending tri-lobe soft-touch handle
- Easy to adjust with a simple allen wrench, the VariMAX’s head can be repositioned for placement on the bow, transom, or even the side of your boat
- Machete III Prop is quieter and has a smaller diameter than two-blade designs for ultimate shallow water performance
12 volt VariMAX Trolling Motors include a one-year manufacture’s warranty; 24 volt motors include a two-year warranty.
Rated 2.8 out of 5 by 12
Rated 5 out of 5 by mcdog Never a problem
I have had this unit for 6+ years. It is on an 18 ft. flats boat used primarily in salt water about once a week plus several 3-5 day trips annually. It replaced a 24 volt 70 lb., unit that needed repairs. I use an AGM 12 volt battery with 103 amp hrs. I have never had the first problem with the unit and I troll almost continually for 4- 8 hours per day each trip, it is rarely turned off when on the water. It easily pulls my approximately 1500 lb. boat thru all but the strongest tides. The variable speed is an invaluable upgrade over the fixed speed units.
July 5, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by jrkwhaler best accessory to my boat
Recently I had to update my saltwater trolling motor. After some shopping and checking online for features, brands, and complaints I decided on the Motoruide varimax. I spend 2-3 times weekly on the water. I really like the feature of having different speeds instead of being locked into certain ones. The motor runs smooth and quite and we have been catching fish. Besides the variable speed feature it has more than enough power to push my boat around in some fast moving waters as well as extremely shallow areas. I would purchase another Motoguide after my experience.
April 29, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Dennyt Poor Quality
Purchased for my saltwater skiff, second time out it quit and had to have the "head assy" replaced. Repair area is a one hour drive so costly to me and without my skiff for a week. Better think twice before buying this product
March 26, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by gbud not worth it
My 55lb is one year old and the speed control or handle is shot. Not sure which is screwed up but it work when it wants and sometimes just decides to go full speed when your just sitting there fishing. I will be taking it back to see if they will refund me but I doubt it.... Will probably have to get it repaired and deal with the same problem in the near future.
June 11, 2012
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime