Mepps® Aglia® Original Plain Spinner
- Precisely engineered to start spinning
- Emits continuous vibration and maximum flash
- Blades are constructed of silver plate, polished brass, or copper
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
I will be fishing for trout in southern Canada for a couple weeks this summer. I need a cheap setup that will allow me to fish in small rivers/streams and maybe lakes. I need a rod and reel setup that will let me cast a 1/16-1/8oz rooster tail type in-line spinner (like the Mepps Aglia) on 4lb(trilene? recomendations on line?). The rod and reel would have to be a combined $20-$30. Here are my choices from the freshwater ultra-lightweight/lightweight catagories on Basspro.com:
1. Bass Pro Shops® TinyLite™ Spinning Rod and Reel Combo
2. Shakespeare® Catch More Fish Rod and Reel Combo for Trout
3. Bass Pro Shops® MegaCast® Rod and Reel Spinning Combo - MC10FE/5'6" L
4. Shakespeare® Ugly Stik® Spinning Rod and Reel Combo Kit
5. Bass Pro Shop® Stampede®
Spinning Rod and Reel Combos – Front Drag - 5'
Also should i get UL or L for those weight lures mentioned above?
Any coments, suggestiones, etc would be very welcome.
Thnx in advance,
also when at all possible go with the ugly stick. you'll get your moneys worth.
DO NOT get a Shakespeare - they are terrible except for big saltwater rigs.
For that light of line, I'd suggest going with fluorocarbon rather than mono - it's much stronger, much more sensitive and has less stretch. Any name brand will do - Trilene, Stren, Vicious, Bass Pro Shops has their own brand too.