This Privacy and Security Statement applies only to www.basspro.com and www.basspro-shops.com, operated by Bass Pro Outdoors Online, LLC. In this Privacy and Security Statement, "Bass Pro" refers to Bass Pro Outdoors Online, LLC, the operator of this website. Bass Pro and its officers, directors, employees, agents' contractors and subcontractors are required to honor this Privacy and Security Statement.
This policy is not intended to govern any existing or future web sites and/or services operated by third parties or companies affiliated with Bass Pro. including, but not limited to:
|gaylordhotels.com ||big-cedar.com ||bigcedarwildernessclub.com |
|trackermarine.com ||outdoorwildernessadventures.com ||wondersofwildlife.org |
|owincentives.com ||ar-g.com ||wwwa.applyonlinenow.com* |
|*(FIA Card Services, N.A. is Bass Pro Shops® Outdoor Rewards Visa® card program administrator). |
We suggest that you review the privacy policies of those websites to learn how they collect, protect and use your information about you collected on their sites.
Some Terms We Use in this Policy
Personal Information is any information that identifies you with the exception of professional information such as your business address, business telephone and facsimile numbers and business email address. It also includes your credit card number.
A Corporate Affiliate is an entity owned by or under common ownership with Bass Pro. Bass Pro's corporate affiliates include its parent, Bass Pro, Inc., Bass Pro Outdoor World, Inc., Tracker Marine, Big Cedar Lodge, Bass Pro Trademarks, LLC, American Rod & Gun and Outdoor World Incentives.
A Business Partner is an entity with which Bass Pro has an ongoing business relationship to provide data analysis, to assist in developing our website or to provide marketing services or specialized products or services or information to visitors to our site.
A Sales Affiliate is a person, company or organization that has joined Bass Pro's Affiliate Program administered by Commission Junction, Inc. As discussed below, a Sales Affiliate may earn money by referring customers to the Bass Pro web site.
The Personal Information We Collect, How it is Gathered and Used
If you choose to purchase products and/or services from our site, you must provide the following information: your name, credit card information, telephone number (in case our customer service personnel need to reach you about your order), mailing and/or shipping address, email address (so that we may send an email message about your order and, if you opted-in, to send you our email newsletter and/or special offers). In the following paragraphs, we outline the services and activities in connection with which we gather your Personal Information and provides details on how that Personal Information is used.
All of these services are optional; if you do not wish to provide Personal Information, you may simply decline to take advantage of that service.
Personal Information is collected in the following ways:
The Personal Information We Share and Who We Share It With
- Online Purchases - To process your order, to contact you regarding your order, or to answer any questions/concerns you might have expressed.
- Online Membership Registration - You do not have to register on our site to shop online. As a registered member of our site, you give us permission to store Personal Information about you, such as your email address, online. This information is "remembered" each time you purchase and allows us to customize your site experience to your interests and to speed up the shopping process. Note: we do not store credit card information, which must be entered each time you order from us.
- Requesting a Catalog - To process your order.
- Email Newsletters - For your convenience, when you register as a member or make a purchase, the option to receive our periodic email newsletter and special offers is pre-checked. If you do not want to receive this service, please un-check the "Yes" box when registering or purchasing or access the unsubscribe link provided in the email message.
- Surveys - Occasionally, Bass Pro conducts voluntary surveys through its website or directly through emails. These surveys may ask customers for background information and about their preferences. You are under no obligation to be a part of any survey. You may at any time opt-out of an email survey by accessing the Un-subscribe link provided in the email message. The information Bass Pro collects through surveys is aggregated and is used to better serve our customers' by helping us determine our customers' outdoor recreational needs and improve customer satisfaction and this site. Again, participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose the information requested. Information requested may include demographic information including, but not limited to: your age, gender, approximate household income, type of outdoor sport you enjoy, frequency in which you engage in your sport, and where you go to enjoy your sport. We do not sell any of the information gathered in these surveys but may share the results of the survey with our Corporate or Business Affiliates in accordance with this Statement.
- Contests, Sweepstakes and Other Special Offers - We ask for only the Personal Information necessary to administer these special offers. You may be contacted about contests, sweepstakes and other special offers if you have opted to receive them. It will not affect your chances of winning if you choose to opt-out of receiving such offers at any time after having chosen to participate in one. To stop emails about special offers, access the Un-subscribe link provided in the email message.
- Wish List and Email-A-Friend Messages - We ask for your email address and the recipient's email address to allow you to send a personal greeting with your information. We make no use of the email address or information contained in these greetings except to complete the service as you have requested. We assume when you use the Wish List, eGift Card and Email-A-Friend features that you have obtained the consent of the recipient of your message to provide us with his or her email address for the purpose of sending the message and any attached information.
- Career Opportunities - We ask for only the Personal Information necessary for you to apply for employment. Personal Information submitted as part of a job application or in a résumé sent via email is not stored online and is shared only with persons involved in the hiring process at Bass Pro or one of its Corporate Affiliates, if you have applied for a job with an affiliated entity.
Bass Pro may share your Personal Information with our Corporate Affiliates, as necessary to complete a transaction that you specifically request or for use making our business and that of our Corporate Affiliates more responsive to your needs.
Under certain agreements we may make segments of your Personal Information available to other organizations as noted below:
- Commission Junction, Inc. is the administrator of our online Affiliate Sales Programs. The persons or companies participating in the Commission Junction, Inc. Affiliate Sales Program earn money by linking customers to our site form their sites. Commission Junction, Inc. has access to aggregated sales information of the participating online affiliates and the resulting earnings, but its use of this information is only permitted in connection with its administration of our online affiliate programs. We do not share your Personal Information with Commission Junction, Inc. or with our Sales Affiliates.
- The agreements between Bass Pro and e-commerce web sites which we operate and manage e-commerce services for their e-commerce web page(s) may also include hyperlink agreements that allow these e-commerce sites to earn money by linking customers to our site from their sites. These hyperlink agreements are not part of the online affiliate program described above. Because of our agreements with these e-commerce sites, we may disclose to these e-commerce sites for whom we operate and manage their e-commerce services, the aggregate information about customers who purchase goods or services via the web pages managed and operated by Bass Pro on behalf of the third party. The only exception to sharing aggregate information is if you purchase goods or services via the e-commerce web pages managed and operated by Bass Pro for the following web sites:
- In the case of Quixtar, we will disclose the Quixtar IBO number and dollar amount of purchase made to Quixtar, a division of Alticor, Inc. If you are a member of the Quixtar program and you do not want us to disclose that information, then you must contact Quixtar directly. Most often opting out of having us disclose information to Quixtar will preclude you from participating in the special membership or rewards program offered by that company, Quixtar.com
- Under certain agreements, we may transfer aggregate survey information or information about your order, including your name, mailing address, description of your purchase and its dollar amount to a third party that we have retained to assist us in analyzing our marketing efforts to you. The third party marketing company may use this information to assist in making decisions about the dissemination of our survey information or marketing and promotional offers and materials such as catalogs. These companies are contractually prohibited from using, in any manner, the information obtained in the course of providing these services to Bass Pro.
- We use Omniture, a third party service provider, to help us gather and analyze our customers' activities on our site. Omniture's only role is to help us deliver the most relevant products and services to you. The information we share with Omniture is anonymous, meaning that none of your identifiable Personal Information (such as your name, home address, credit card number, etc.) will be received by or shared with Omniture. The only exception to the sharing of anonymous information is in the sharing of our opt-in email address list. In this instance Omniture is helping us improve our email offers to you by analyzing your requests. Omniture is contractually prohibited from using, in any manner the information obtained in the course of providing these services to Bass Pro other than to help us provide you the best possible shopping experience on our site. .
- If you have opted in to receive email from us we will share your name and email address with our email service provider that delivers our email newsletters and special offers, but its use of this information is only permitted in connection with their administration and delivery of our email program.
How You Can Control the Use of Your Personal Information
Currently, we use third party-placed tracking pixels and cookies and related or similar technologies to help us understand how our website is used, to personalize our content, and to develop and improve our products and services including improving advertising, from the following business partners: Bazaarvoice, Inc. , Rich Relevance
Other Quality Companies
- We do on occasion share your name and mailing address with other companies which, in our judgment, are similar to Bass Pro or its Corporate Affiliates for marketing and promotions of their products and services where we believe that their products and services would be of interest to you.
- We may also sell, transfer or otherwise disclose Personal Information including but not limited to your name and mailing address, in connection with a fundamental corporate change such as a merger, consolidation, or the sale of substantially all assets.
Disclosure Under Legal Duty
- If compelled to do so by valid subpoena or court order or other governmental process, we may disclose your Personal Information as we are legally required to do. We may also use or disclose your Personal Information if necessary to protect the interests of Bass Pro or its Corporate Affiliates.
There are several methods to contact us listed in this section. If you would like to change your Personal Information in our records or remove your name from our catalog mailing list or from lists we share with other quality companies, contact us using one of the methods set out below. There are known methods that spammers can use to hide their identity by using other people's email address to send out emails if you have a question about the genuineness of an email you receive from Bass Pro Shops® contact us using the email@example.com email address.
How You Can Control Email Marketing You Receive From Us
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and a note of instruction; or
- Call us toll free at 1-800-552-4868 or
- Write to us at: Bass Pro Outdoors Online, L.L.C., Attention Customer Service Privacy Director, 2500 E. Kearney, Springfield, Missouri 65898, and include your name, address, telephone number, and a note of instruction; or
- If you are an online registered member of BassPro.com you can access "Your Account" to update the Personal Information you have stored online.
- To be removed from a "postal" mailing list, please use the contact information above
You may cancel our email newsletters at any time by choosing the un-subscribe link provided in each message or un-check the "Yes" box after accessing "Your Account" or edit information as you make a purchase at BassPro.com.
Certain Technical Information You Should Know
Our Use of Gifs
We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that helps us better manage content on our site by informing us about the content that is of interest to our customers. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. The main difference between the two is that clear gifs are invisible on the page and are much smaller, about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
In addition, we use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails the recipients have opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of these emails see the 'How You Can Control Email Marketing You Receive From Us' section.
We collect information on thousands of site visits about how users navigate through our web site on thousands of site visits. For example we use "cookie" technology to track which pages on our site our visitors view and which web browsers they use. We analyze this information in aggregate - that is, we collect this information and analyze it as a whole. We use this information to improve our site by making it more responsive to the needs and preferences of our users. On occasion, we may share this aggregate information with our affiliates or other third party companies to indicate to them the amount of interest in our site and to help us plan for technical improvements. Note: this aggregated information will not identify you or any other user of our web site.
Because we rely on cookies to make the shopping experience easier and more tailored to your needs, your browser must be set to accept cookies before you can place an order at BassPro.com. If you would like more information about how cookies work, go to http://www.cookiecentral.com
Business Partner Cookies
Bazaarvoice, a social commerce service provider, may also use the anonymous information about your visits to other websites within the Bazaarvoice Network to provide targeted advertisements and offers for our products and services.
Collection of Analytical Data
Collection of Clickstream Data
Collection of Social Commerce Data
Bazaarvoice, a social commerce provider, may collect information about your visits to our website, purchase activity, and your interaction with our products and social commerce services. Such information is anonymous and does not include your name, address, e-mail address or other personal information. The anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag (also known as cookies and action tags), which is industry-standard technology used by most major websites. This information allows us to offer social commerce services that allow you to share your opinion about the products on our website, to improve such social commerce service functionality, and to recognize you when you return. Non-personally identifiable information obtained through cookies and web beacons may be shared with or obtained by service providers on our behalf. In addition to the anonymous information about your visits to our website, Bazaarvoice may also use the anonymous information about your visits to other websites within the Bazaarvoice Network to provide targeted advertisements and offers for our products and services
Collection of Web Beacons
A web beacon is a small string of code that represents a clear graphic image and is used in conjunction with a cookie. A web beacon allows us to capture certain additional types of information about a visitor's actions on a web site, such as a visitor's cookie number, the time, date, duration and number of page views, a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed, and details about any items that were purchased.
This information allows us to offer social commerce services that allow you to share your opinion about the products on our website, to improve such social commerce service functionality, and to recognize you when you return. Non-personally identifiable information obtained through cookies and web beacons may be shared with or obtained by service providers on our behalf.
Bass Pro respects your right to choose whether to be included in the services that RichRelevance provides to us. If you would like to opt-out of those services completely, please click here
How We Strive to Protect Personal Information
At Bass Pro we have electronic and corporate policies and procedures in place for the security of every order placed online. We use Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) to keep others from intercepting your information while it is being transmitted across the Internet. SSL technology is the industry standard method of communicating secure online transactions and is built into most major browsers. The secure mode begins when you initiate your order. All information, once on our server, is protected from any external intrusions. Once your order is processed, we will not retain your credit card number in our online systems. Only Bass Pro. employees who require your Personal Information to serve you have access to your data, which is password protected. Employees who have access to Personal Information are trained in the privacy and security practices of this Statement.
There are many unscrupulous individuals operating on the internet today who would think nothing of fabricating an email to make it appear that it comes from Bass Pro. These individuals may be engaging in a practice know as "phishing" in which they attempt to trick unwary recipients of email into divulging Personal Information. Bass Pro will rarely, if ever, request Personal Information in an unsolicited email message to you.
If you have any question about the genuineness of an email you receive that appears to be from Bass Pro contact us at email@example.com and do not furnish Personal Information in response to the email unless its authenticity can be verified.
Secured communications on the web require attention to authentication, encryption and data integrity. All three are addressed by the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Authentication is the process of establishing that you are communicating with our web server, as opposed to another server assuming our identity. We have obtained a VerisignTM digital security certificate for BassPro.com and basspro-shops.com. VerisignTM is an independent third party that authenticates the identity of others on the Internet. The VerisignTM certificate confirms that we are the recipients of your communication. Encryption is the process of scrambling data (through the use of keys and mathematical encoding algorithms) to prohibit anyone from understanding it if they intercept the data while it is on its way from your browser to our server. Encryption protects communications between your browser and our mainframe system. We have also implemented a firewall to protect all of our systems from intrusion. Data Integrity ensures the data passed between your browser and our server is not being tampered with while in transit. SSL protects information en route to us, and as mentioned, the VerisignTM certificate confirms that we are the recipients of this information. You can be assured that we strive to protect your data with the utmost care at all points in the process. However, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. Therefore, we do not warrant or ensure the security of any information sent to us online. If you have questions, comments or concerns please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-552-4868.
To ensure you are in SSL (Secure Socket Layer) or secure mode for your transactions, look at the address of the page. Secure pages will usually appear with an address that begins with https:// rather than the standard http://.
Other Matters You Should Know
Our Policies Regarding Children
We do not sell products for purchase by children; however, we do sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not submit any information without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian. We will not knowingly collect Personal Information about any person under 13 years of age. If you believe that we have information from or about anyone under 13 years of age, please notify us by email at: email@example.com or call us toll free at: 1-800-552-4868
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to affiliated entities and on occasion to other sites we think you may enjoy. These sites operate independently of Bass Pro and have established their own privacy and security policies. For the best online experience, we encourage you to review these policies before submitting any Personal Information through these sites.
Consent to Transfer
This web site is operated in the United States. Please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using this web site and/or providing us with your Personal Information through this web site, you consent to this transfer.
If you are a Citizen of Canada
Canadian citizens, except under circumstances defined by law, are entitled to access their Personal Information collected by Bass Pro Canada by writing to: Customer Service Privacy Director, Bass Pro Shops®, 2500 E. Kearney, Springfield, Missouri 65898. We may ask you to pay an administrative fee for accessing or copying your information, but will inform you of the anticipated charges and confirm that you want us to proceed before processing your request. If you believe that the Personal Information about you that we have collected is incomplete or inaccurate, Bass Pro Canada will correct the information upon verification of the omission or error and that the person requesting the change is the person about whom the Personal Information relates. If you wish additional information about our Personal Information management practices, to access, correct or have us investigate any matters in relation to your Personal Information, please contact our Customer Service Privacy Director at the address provided above or by calling toll-free at 1-800-552-4868.
If you are a Resident of California
If you are a California resident, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to us at the designated address and receive the following information:
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. Our designated email address for such requests is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for the third parties direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
- the names and addresses of third parties that received such information: and
- if the nature of a third party's business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party's name, examples of the products or services marketed.
Updates to this Statement
We reserve the right to make changes at any time to our policies and/or alter the look and functionality of our web site. However, if we change how we use your Personal Information, we will post the policy change notification on the web site. and we will update this Statement accordingly. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement for the latest information on our privacy and security policies.
Our current Statement was last updated January 02, 2012.
|For further information, about any of the information in this Statement, please contact the Customer Service Privacy Director at the address listed above under the heading "How You Can Control the Use of Your Personal Information" or send an email to email@example.com. |