ThermoCell heated insoles is a new product that will help keep your outdoorsman warm.
Know an outdoorsman but don't know what to buy him for Christmas, his birthday or just because? Don't panic, when you're done reading this, you'll be a bonafide official outdoors shopper. If you're married to a sportsman or in hot pursuit of one, remember, the goal is to buy them a gift that will light up their eyes. Just because you spend a lot of money doesn't mean they'll enjoy it. They may appreciate the sacrifice you made, but it will still just be another blender to be stuck in closet.
If you want to impress your outdoorsman, shop around. You don't have to spend a wad of money. If you only have $20, get the most you can for $20. My daughter constantly amazes me with the deals she finds. You can do the same. Also, remember, if you buy them something that they use every day and they'll think of you everytime they use it. Here are some ideas:
- ThermaCELL Heated Insoles. It's a new ThermaCell product that has just hit the market. In fact, Bass Pro Shops is the only retailer currently carrying the new product in the U.S.
- ThermaCELL Mosquito Repellant. They're the best mosquito repellant on the market.
- Montana Decoys makes elk, deer and varmint decoys.
- Hi-Tec hiking boots. Summer will be back someday!
- Backpacks. Everyone uses a backpack. Good ones last for years. What if you hung up a backpack instead of a stocking?
- Maps. Buy some maps of his favorite hunting or fishing spot.
- Quaker Boy box call for turkeys. I tested their Hurricane Supreme this spring and loved it.
- Gift cards. Buy me a gift card to Bass Pro Shops and I'm a happy camper.
- Camouflage. You can buy anything from hunting clothes to cell phone holsters. We use different camo for the different seasons. For example, white to hunt in snow.
- Then of course the Bass Pro Shops catalog. Let him pick out 10 items. That way you know he'll like your gift. Who doesn't like to daydream and browse through a catalog?
- Own a camper? If so there are always little knick-knacks that he can use.
- Own a boat? Same thing, there's always new gadgets he could use.
- A 2012 hunting and fishing license
- Sausage grinder (Dropping this hint for more than one reason.)
- Irish Setter boots. For a heavy duty hunting boot check out their Black Bear model.
- If you're a big spender you could win the good wife of the year award by buying him a new gun! A Ruger 10/22 is good for the price.
- Leupold Gold Ring spotting scope
Now here's where you can really rack up the points without spending much - stocking stuffers. There are a million items you can buy:
|Backpacks are a must for every outdoorsman.
When you take time to find him a special gift that lets him know what a special wife he has. He can strut into the office, stick his chest out and nonchalantly say, "My Wife bought me a box of elk hair Caddis flies. What'd your wife buy you?" His co-workers will duck their heads down and mumble: "Weed whacker; underwear." Your outdoorsman will be the king of the office though, because he has you for a wife.