April 24, 2015 - April 25, 2015
The Workender- Your Weekend Escape
Join us April 24 from 6-8pm and April 25 from noon- 5 pm for our Workender Event!
Learn about products and the right gear for your baclpacking and kayaking adventures! We will be providing seminars and demonstrations every hour on the following topics:
- Cooking Down and Dirty- Jetboil and more backpacking stoves on display. Cooking demonstrations with freeze-dried food samples (while supplies last)
- Beat the Bugs- Staying comfortable and bite-free in the backcountry.
- Pack Right- Learn how to pack a backpack for optimal comfort and load distribution.
- Slumber by Number- Therm-a-Rest pads; tips and tricks for staying warmer as you sleep in the backcountry.
- Pick Out and Get Out- Which kayak model is the best fit for you?
- Streamline Your Kayak- Learn how to rig a kayak for fishing.
Take the 20/20 Challenge! Log 20 miles or 20 days in the outdoors and enter to win a Workender Prize Package ($7500 value!)
20/20 Social Hour- Saturday, April 25, 6-7 pm
- Free bottle opener to the first 100 attendees!
- Outdoor experts on hand to discuss local trails, sites and more!
- Register for the 20/20 Challenge
- Sample Coca Cola Life beverages
- Free trail snacks!