May 1, 2015 - July 26, 2015
Take the 20/20 Challenge-
Taking the challenge simply means that you, the customer pledges to get out and log 20 hours of outdoor activities, or 20 miles of outdoor activities. The Challenge begins on May 1, 2015 and ends July 26, 2015. Bass Pro Shops wants to encourage the Outdoor activities and experiences to our customers, and inform customers of the product Bass Pro Shops carries for these Outdoor experiences.
We encourage customers to post photos of their progress and experiences to Basspro.com/workender, It is not required
Customers who sign up to take the 20/20 challenge will be entered for a chance to win the Workender Prize package. In store 20/20 registration Customers can register to take the challenge at the 20/20 Social hour on April 25 6-8pm (stores should leave the entry box and registration (entry forms) out until 8pm Or online April 25-26
Official Rules 3rd draft: 3/20/15
BASS PRO SHOPS 20/20 CHALLENGE SWEEPSTAKES
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia (“U.S.”) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Bass Pro Intellectual Property, L.L.C., a Missouri Limited Liability Company; Bass Pro Shops Canada (Calgary), Inc., a Canadian corporation; and Bass Pro Shops Canada, Inc., an Ontario corporation (the “Sponsors”), and their respective subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates and members of the immediate families (spouses and parents, siblings, children and their spouses and in-laws) and persons living in the same household of such individuals are not eligible. Void in Quebec and where prohibited.
2. BRIEF CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION: Entrants are encouraged to take the 20/20 Challenge: get outdoors and get active for 20 miles or 20 hours. The Challenge begins on May 1, 2015 and ends July 26, 2015. Participants are encouraged (but not required) to post their progress through selfies, videos, etc. Signing up for the Challenge automatically enters the participant in the sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: You may enter two ways:
In-Store: Entry forms are available at participating Bass Pro Shops locations on April 25, 2015, between 6-8pm local time. To enter, complete an official entry form or hand print your name, complete address, daytime phone number, email address and date of birth on a 3”x5” piece of paper and deposit it in an official ballot box at one of the participating Bass Pro Shops locations between 6-8 pm local time on April 25, 2015.
You may also enter by visiting www.basspro.com/workender (“Web Site”) from 12:00 am CT on April 25, 2015 through 11:59 pm CT on April 26, 2015. Complete the appropriate entry form and submit as directed. Entries must be received by Web Site's server by 11:59 pm CT on April 26, 2015. Web Site’s server is the official clock for this promotion.
LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON, PER METHOD OF ENTRY. No mechanical reproductions permitted.
4. TO POST YOUR PROGRESS VIA SELFIES AND VIDEOS (OPTIONAL): Once you have entered the sweepstakes via one of the methods listed above, you may post your progress via selfies and videos by visiting www.basspro.com/2020photos and accessing the online form. Complete all information requested on the form, and upload your photo or video file.
Photos must only be in JPEG (.jpg), PNG (.png) or GIF (.gif) formats and may not exceed a file size larger than 5MB.
Video file size limitation and file format must adhere to YouTube specifications.
Entries may not contain any copyrighted elements or elements not owned by the entrant. Any elements that appear in the photos or video, including, without limitation, logos, images, music, audio, speech, or other audiovisual materials used must be entirely original and created by the entrant.
By submitting a photo or video, entrant(s) represent and warrant that (a) the entrant is the creator of the photo or video, (b) the photo or video is wholly original, (c) the photo or video does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, (d) the photo or video has not previously been entered in any other contest, and (e) the entrants owns all rights to the photo or video. You further represent and warrant that you have obtained written permission from each person whose name, image or likeness ("Likeness") is included in the photo or video, that such person(s) have granted you all necessary rights to use the Likeness as described in these rules, and that you can and will give written copies of such permissions to the Sponsor upon request. If your photo or video includes the Likeness of a person who is under the age of 18 or under the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, whichever is greater (a "Minor"), such grant of rights must include written permission from the minor's parent or legal guardian, authorizing the use of the Minor's Likeness on behalf of the Minor. Further, if the submitted photo was photographed by anyone other than entrant, or the video was filmed by anyone other than entrant, entrant represents and warrants that such person(s) have granted them all rights to the photo or video, and that they can and will give written copies of such permissions to the Sponsor upon request. Sponsor's determination as to whether any entry potentially violates the rights of any third party is final. Entries, photos and videos and other submitted material become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an entry, photo or video, entrant grants the Sponsor and its affiliated companies the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use the entry or part thereof (with or without using your name) in any m media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, royalty, or approval from you or any other party. Entrant agrees that, upon request by the Sponsor, he/she will sign a copyright assignment, and provide a digital copy of the video in native format. By submitting an entry, entrant further agrees not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Released Parties (as defined below), or any other person or entity, on the grounds that any use of the entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of their rights, including, without limitation, copyrights and moral rights. Entrant further acknowledges that the Sponsor is in no way obligated to broadcast, publish or use their photo or video in any way. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between you and the Sponsor. In no way is entrant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of the Sponsor.
Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor.
5. DRAWING/PRIZE/ODDS: On or about July 31, 2015, a random drawing will be conducted by Promotion Mechanics, Inc., an independent judging organization, from among all eligible in-store and online entries combined to award the following prize:
(1) Grand Prize: a 20/20 Challenge Prize Pack consisting of 1 Ascend three-person tent, 2 Ascend mummy sleeping bags, 2 Ascend trail backpacks, 1 Ascend hydration pack, 2 Ascend Sit-On-Top Kayaks, 2 Ascend deluxe paddling vests, 2 Ascend tournament kayak paddles, 2 ascend heavy-duty round-bottom dry bags, 1 Ascend canoe/kayak cart, 1 Jetboil flash cooking system, 1 GSI Outdoors Bugaboo small base camper cooking set, 1 Light My Fire lunchkit camp dish set, 2 Therm-a- Rest Trail Pro self-inflating air mattresses, 2 full size rechargeable tactical flashlights, 1 Katadyn hiker pro microfilter water filter, 1 Sportsman series grizzly medical kit, 1 YETI hopper 30 soft side cooler, 2 Eagles Nest Outfitters DoubleNest hammocks, 2 Suunto Ambit3 Peak GPS watches for men, 1 The North Face Aleutian 20 degree sleeping bag, 1 The North Face Talus 2 tent, 1 The North Face Terra 65 pack, and 1 GoPro prize package. Total combined approximate retail value of prize is $7,522. Specific items are to be determined by Sponsor.
Winner will be notified by phone, email, and/or mail at Sponsors sole discretion. Canadian residents, in order to win, must first correctly answer a series of mathematical skill testing questions. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
6. GENERAL: Taxes on prize and expenses not specified, are the sole responsibility of winner. By participating, entrants agree (a) to these rules and decisions of Sponsors which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsors, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives (the “Releasees”) from any and all claims, demands, costs, expenses, liability, losses or damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the promotion or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize, including liability for personal injury or death; (c) if a winner, to the use by any of the Releasees of name and/or photograph for advertising and publicity purposes without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so, and to the announcement of their name, city and state; and (d) that Sponsors and their agents have not made any representation, warranty or guaranty, in whole or in part, in law or in fact, relative to the prize. Winner will be required to complete an affidavit or declaration of eligibility and liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, and, if a US resident, a W9 Form, which must be returned within the time period specified by Sponsors or an alternate winner may be selected. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification of winner and selection of an alternate winner. Releasees are not responsible and shall not be liable for: (a) any telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; (b) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (c) late, lost, illegible, postage-due, incomplete, damaged or misdirected entries or mail; and (d) any condition caused by events that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsors reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel or suspend the sweepstakes or any portion thereof should viruses, bugs, or other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion; in which case prize will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to participate at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In no event will Sponsors, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to and use of the internet sites www.basspro.com/workender, www.basspro.com/2020photos or other sites promoting the sweepstakes or the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from said sites. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on this site is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Entries become the property of Sponsors. No prize transfer. No prize substitution except at Sponsors' sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules.
7. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, in Greene County, Missouri, (b) any and all claims, judgements and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant will be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Sponsors in connection with the promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Missouri, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Greene County, Missouri.
9. WINNERS LIST: For winner's name, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 31, 2015 to: Bass Pro Shops 20/20 Challenge Sweepstakes Winner, PMI Station, P.O. Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750.
Sponsors: Bass Pro Intellectual Property, L.L.C., a Missouri Limited Liability Company, 2500 E. Kearney, Springfield, MO 65898, USA.
Bass Pro Shops Canada (Calgary), Inc., a Canadian corporation, 2500 E. Kearney, Springfield, MO 65898, USA.
Bass Pro Shops Canada, Inc., an Ontario corporation, 2500 E. Kearney, Springfield, MO 65898, USA.
Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470, USA.