The TrailMax Bear Proof Pack Panniers are ideal for packing average size loads and deliver a certified bear resistant solution to recreational packers, outfitters and guides. These rugged bear-proof panniers are made of an extremely tough, hard resin polyethylene, which will endure hard use and extreme cold. The TrailMax Bear Proof Pack Panniers have contoured sides to allow for a better ride, resting against the animal's side without creating pressure points. This also creates a fairly narrow profile so the load will better fit through heavily forested trails. The lid slides into the top of the pannier and is secured by a single, easy-to-turn thumb bolt. The panniers include heavy duty nylon hanging straps for use on a Decker or sawbuck pack saddle, top pack attachment dees and cinch tie-down straps. These bear proof boxes can also be hung on a pack saddle using sling ropes. Panniers are sold as a pair, complete with rigging. These panniers meet USFS and Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee (IGBC) requirements for bear-resistance on state and federal lands, and have been approved for use as bear resistant containers for all National Parks, including Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks and Yosemite National Park.
Manufacturer model #: WPA500.
- Meet USFS and IGBC requirements for bear-resistance
- Extremely tough, hard resin polyethylene for hard use and extreme cold
- Panniers designed to reduce pressure points on animal's side
- Narrow profile to fit through forested trails
- External dimensions: 25.5"L x 14.25"D x 21.75"H
- Weight: 23 lbs per box, with rigging
- Top opening: 8.5" x 20.5"
Web ID: 13091306213423