Introducing the Riptide Fly Reel, the reel that truly sets a new standard for fly reel technology and dependability. Designed by world-renowned fly reel engineer, Ted Juracsik, the legendary Riptide Reel is the only reel you need if you're into chasing Stripers, Drum, Large Salmon, Tarpon, Dorado or Shark with a fly rod. Transformed from solid aluminum bar stock into a high-performing, saltwater reel right here in the USA, the Riptide is designed with a hard coated, aluminum main gear for minimal heat build-up and great strength while both the main gear and spool rotate flawlessly on three sealed precision, stainless steel ball bearings. The concept behind this entire reel is less is more, and this is very evident in the Riptides's absolutely flawless impregnated cork disc drag system which is the smoothest, strongest and most reliable system ever developed. Weighing in at a mere 9.5 oz and offering a tremendous line capacity of 200 yards, the Riptide's large arbor design significantly enhances the rate of line retrieval which is critical when you're trying to control defiant sport fish. Made in USA.
- Large outer and hub diameters offer quick retrieve, even when backing is low
- Hard coated, aluminum main gear for minimal heat build-up and great strength
- The main gear and spool rotate flawlessly on three precision, stainless steel ball bearings
- Impregnated cork disc drag is ultra-smooth and incredibly-strong
- Open hubbed, perforated spool and drum keep the reel cool during scorching runs
- Dented drag adjustment is smooth and positive
- Balanced reel stand incorporates a hook keeper and spare clutch dog springs
- Easily converted from right hand to left hand retrieve
- Each reel is serialized for identification and protection
- Includes an extra thick neoprene reel case for storage and transport
- Weight: 9.5 oz.
- Frame Size: 4" x 1-3/8"
- Capacity: 200 yards 30 lb micron WF12F
- Suitable rod weights: 9 weight thru 11 weight
- Suitable spey rod weights 6 thru 9: Capacities vary by spey line type
- Species: Stripers, Drum, Large Salmon, Tarpon, Dorado or Shark
For additional specifications on the Riptide Fly Reel, and to discover everything it has to offer.
If you are unable to view the Compatibility chart document, you may need this free Adobe® Reader® software.
Web ID: 99250