Maxel OceanMax® Lever Drag Reels feature strong, rigid construction and 1-piece frames machined from aluminum bar stock. This assures precise gear alignment and maintains exacting tolerances under heavy loading while fighting fish. A super-strong, cold-forged aluminum spool and sideplates stand up to line pressure and stress. Anodizing assures a durable and corrosion-resistant finish. High-modulus, heat-treated, heavy-duty, stainless steel gears ensure superior strength, smoothness, and long life. Shielded stainless steel bearings are corrosion resistant and provide smooth line release and recovery. These include 6 oversized stainless steel ball bearings and 2 stainless steel anti-reverse bearings. A Carbon Drag system delivers a wide power range and smooth operation at all settings. Specially formulated drag grease resists water absorption. A pre-set, lever control mechanism provides precise and consistent drag settings and ranges. A stainless steel reel foot is positioned for a low center of gravity on the rod. This extra comfort feature particularly suits jigging techniques and delivers increased rod-reel control.
Models OSL05 and OSL06 feature a machined aluminum handle knob.
Models OSL08 and larger feature an ergonomic power handle.
- 1-piece fully machined aluminum frame
- Cold-forged aluminum spool
- 8 shielded stainless steel bearings with anti-reverse
- Heat-treated, heavy-duty stainless steel gears
- Paired docking gears
- Carbon Drag System with dual drag surface design
- Specially formulated drag grease
- Anodized aircraft-grade aluminum for corrosion resistance
- Pre-set, lever control mechanism
- Stainless steel reel foot
Web ID: 14091706564920