Named for intrepid explorer, navigator, and cartographer Captain James Cook, Costa® OCEARCH® Cook 580P Polarized Sunglasses are a modern update on the classic aviator. These aviator sunglasses are the ideal instrument to help you chart your own course to epic adventure as you sail the 7 seas. 580P polarized lenses are made from impact-resistant polycarbonate to provide 100% UV protection plus unmatched clarity, contrast, and definition. Costa 580 technology takes lens performance to new heights by eliminating glare from yellow light and boosting red, blue, and green—resulting in deeper colors and sharper contrast. The frame is made from corrosion-free titanium outfitted with adjustable nose pads and Hydrolite™ temple tips for a more secure, comfortable fit. Costa and OCEARCH have joined forces to create these limited edition shades for an important reason. Sharks are in trouble, and without them the ocean ecosystem could collapse. Your purchase helps fund research expeditions aboard OCEARCH, a marine vessel and at-sea laboratory that generates critical data and puts science on the side of sharks. The Costa OCEARCH Cook 580P Polarized Sunglasses Kit comes with Cook sunglasses, a case, a cleaning cloth, and a C-Mask to safeguard your face and neck. Limited lifetime warranty. Imported.
- Joint venture between Costa and OCEARCH to help protect sharks
- Polarized lenses reduce glare, on or off the water
- Polycarbonate lenses are lightweight and impact-resistant
- Corrosion-free titanium aviator frame
- Adjustable nose pads and Hydrolite temples tips
- Kit includes sunglasses, an OCEARCH case and cleaning cloth, an OCEARCH C-Mask
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
OCEARCH is a recognized world leader in generating critical scientific data related to tracking (telemetry) and biological studies of keystone marine species such as great white and tiger sharks, in conjunction with conservation outreach and education at a measurable global scale. In a collaborative environment, OCEARCH shares real-time data through OCEARCH's Global Shark Tracker, inspires current and future generations of explorers, scientists, and stewards of the ocean, and enables leading researchers and institutions to generate previously unattainable data. OCEARCH has completed 28 expeditions, worldwide, as of April 2017.
About your Costa lenses:
- Blue Mirror Encapsulated mirrors deliver superior contrast and color in full sun and eliminate glare (gray base).
- Amber Excellent all-around lens delivers the brightest field of vision.
- Gray Maintains color saturation and natural contrast in medium to bright sun conditions.
- Copper Cuts glare and enhances contrast and color in all conditions.
- Green Mirror Encapsulated mirrors enhance visual acuity and eliminate glare (copper and amber base).
- Silver Mirror Encapsulated mirrors enhance visual acuity and eliminate glare (copper and amber base).
- Sunrise High contrast lens allows maximum light transmission; perfect for low light conditions such as early morning or late afternoon.
Web ID: 100050145