This Birds of the New England Coast Laminated Folding Guide is an invaluable addition to your beach bag. Great for beginners and intermediates, this waterproof, beach proof brochure includes 73 common and rare bird species, including sandpipers and plovers; wading birds; ducks, swimmers, and seabirds; and birds of prey, such as hawks and eagles. Readers will find also find info on how to clean and preserve shells. The Birds of the New England Coast Laminated Identification Guide was illustrated by noted naturalist Ernest C. Simmons; text is by Mark Garland, who has worked for 4 Audubon Societies, the Smithsonian, and the National Park Service.
- Indestructible, waterproof, beach proof guide
- 73 common and rare bird species
- Wading birds: herons and egrets
- Birds of prey: hawks and eagles
- Ducks, swimmers, and seabirds
- Sandpipers and plovers
- Gulls and terns
- How to clean and preserve shells
- Species selection and text by Mark Garland
- Illustrated by Ernest C. Simmons
- 6 fold-out panels measuring 4" x 9"
- Great for beginners and intermediates
Web ID: 1601191207