Great buy! Original price $169.99!
- One-piece solid aluminum frame
- Solid, rigid aluminum sideplates
- Gold titanium deposition exterior finish
- Duralumin aircraft-grade alloy drive gear/crankshaft
- Aircraft-grade machined-aluminum spool, pre-drilled to minimize weight and maximize casting distance
- Two German stainless steel double-shielded ball bearings to support the spool shaft, eight stainless steel double-shielded ball bearings, one Powerlock™ instant anti-reverse bearing 11 bearings total)
- Advanced DBS Dual Braking System™
- Oversized Teflon®/stainless stacked discs drag
- Recurve handle and drag star
''After 2 days of on the water testing, we selected the Johnny Morris® Gold Series Baitcast reel as the winner of the Outdoor Life Great Buy Award. It's an incredible reel that has functions that would cost hundreds of dollars more on other reels, making it a FANTASTIC BUY!''
Editor-In-Chief for Outdoor Life
NOTE: Won at the 2009 price which was $100 higher than our current price!
''This is one fine reel. Super-smooth performance and built to handle the biggest, toughest fish out there!''
9-time B.A.S.S. Angler-of-the-Year
''I'm really proud of the quality of this real and the value it represents. Hope you stop by a Bass Pro Shops® and give one a try!''
Johnny Morris, Founder of Bass Pro Shops
Our founder challenged us to create the finest baitcaster in the world, one that exceeds the bounds of current technology. Here it is.
Welcome to a new standard of performance. It's been called "one of the lightest…smoothest, most powerful baitcast reels ever made." The materials and technology used to craft this special reel are second to none.
- Frame: One-piece solid aluminum; lightweight and very tough.
- Sideplates: Solid, rigid aluminum. No flex, no slippage.
- Exterior finish: Gold titanium deposition. Unbreachable long-term protection from dings, damage, and color fade.
- Spool: Aircraft-grade machined-aluminum, pre-drilled to minimize weight and maximize casting distance.
- Drive gear/crankshaft: Duralumin aircraft-grade alloy.
- Bearings: Two German stainless steel double-shielded ball bearings to support the spool shaft, eight stainless steel double-shielded ball bearings, one Powerlock™ instant anti-reverse bearing. 11 bearings total, strategically placed for uncompromised smoothness throughout the system.
- Cast control: Advanced DBS Dual Braking System™.
- Drag: Oversized Teflon®/stainless stacked discs.
- Hardware: Recurve handle and drag star.
For comfort, quality, durability, and performance, we think this baitcaster compares favorably to any other reel out there. Give it a try this season!
Web ID: 104089