With its huge line capacity, superior cranking power, and beefed-up drag system, this crossover reel is perfect for heavy-duty work in fresh- or saltwater. Bass and musky fishermen will find the Ardent Apex Magnum Baitcast Reel outstanding for distance casting with high-resistance lures, while inshore anglers will appreciate its bulldog-like run-stopping power. This reel's wide-body design features a rugged cast-aluminum frame and spool, backed by a smooth 10+1 ball-bearing system with externally adjustable 270-degree Mag brake. To enhance its fighting ability, Ardent has augmented this reel's powerful 17.6-lb. drag system with its patent-pending Drag Tracking Technology, which eliminates sharp angles through the line guide and allows the line to flow directly onto the spool while under load, for maximum straight-on power and line protection. And the extra-long, swept-back carbon fiber handle adds another layer of control when battling large, hard-charging fish. Gear ratio: 6.5:1.
- Designed for heavy-duty fresh- and saltwater applications
- Huge line capacity
- Superior cranking power
- Advanced, high-powered drag system
- Rugged cast-aluminum frame and spool
- Smooth 10+1 ball-bearing system
- Externally adjustable 270-degree Mag brake
- Max. drag: 17.6 lbs.
- Drag Tracking Technology eliminates sharp line angles
- Extra-long, swept-back carbon fiber fighting handle
- Gear ratio: 6.5:1
Web ID: 2291985