White River Fly Shop® Osprey Fly Reels
- Cold-forged 6061 T6 aluminum frame and spool
- Mid-arbor design for balance between backing and rapid line pickup
- Super smooth one-way bearing
- Maintenance-free composite drag
- Hard-anondized grey finish
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
If you are using a single handed rod, match the reel to the rod size, i.e. 7wt, 8wt or 9 wt probably, given the size of the fish you're targeting.
I you're using a spey or switch rod, the question is a little harder to answer. Reel size will depend on line used (skagit, scandi, switch line) and amount of running line and backing.
Before you make any decisions, I suggest you discuss with a reputable outfitter, and let them know what you're planning to do. Will save a lot of aggravation in the long run.
Good luck chasing those 20-30lb. salmon!