White River Fly Shop® Osprey Fly Reels
- Cold-forged 6061 T6 aluminum frame and spool
- Mid-arbor design for balance between backing and rapid line pickup
- Super smooth one-way bearing
- Maintenance-free composite drag
- Hard-anondized grey finish
White River Fly Shop Osprey Spare Spools sold separately and can be found through item search for sku number 1717218.
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
If you are using a single handed rod, match the reel to the rod size, i.e. 7wt, 8wt or 9 wt probably, given the size of the fish you're targeting.
I you're using a spey or switch rod, the question is a little harder to answer. Reel size will depend on line used (skagit, scandi, switch line) and amount of running line and backing.
Before you make any decisions, I suggest you discuss with a reputable outfitter, and let them know what you're planning to do. Will save a lot of aggravation in the long run.
Good luck chasing those 20-30lb. salmon!