Tibor Gulfstream Fly Reel
If you were to own only one fly reel, this is the one to have! Setting the benchmark for premium performing, custom-crafted fly reels, the Gulfstream Fly Reel has played its role of workhorse in landing record-breaking fish in nearly every saltwater environment in the world. Designed by world-renowned reel designer, Ted Juracsik, this reel is transformed from solid aluminum bar stock into a high-performing, large arbor reel right here in the USA. Engineered with a hard coated, aluminum main gear for minimal heat buildup and great strength, while both the main gear and spool rotate flawlessly on three sealed precision, stainless steel ball bearings, Weighing in at an incredibly light 11 oz. and offering a huge line capacity of 300 yards (30 lb micron), the Gulfstream large arbor design significantly enhances the rate of line retrieval which is critical when you're trying to control saltwater monsters like tarpon, sailfish, marlin, shark and tuna. The concept behind this entire reel is less is more, and this is very evident in the Gulfstream's absolutely flawless impregnated cork disc drag system which is the smoothest, strongest and most reliable system ever developed. Made in USA.
- Perfect for tarpon, sailfish, marlin, shark and tuna
- Suitable rod weights: 11 weight thru 15 weight
- Suitable spey rod weights 9-10; capacities vary by spey line type
- Line capacity: 300 yards 30 lb micron WF12F
- Incredibly lightweight, only 11 oz.
- Frame Size: 4-3/8'' x 1-3/8''
- Large outer and hub diameters offer quick retrieve, even when backing is low
- Hard coated, aluminum main gear for minimal heat buildup and great strength
- The main gear and spool rotate flawlessly on three precision, stainless steel ball bearings
- Impregnated cork disc drag is ultra-smooth and incredibly strong
- Open hubbed, perforated spool and drum keep the reel cool during scorching runs
- Dented drag adjustment is smooth and positive
- Balanced reel stand incorporates a hook keeper and spare clutch dog springs
- Easily converted from right hand to left hand retrieve
- Each reel is serialized for identification and protection
- Includes an extra thick neoprene reel case for storage and transport