TaylorMade SpeedBlade Iron Sets for Men
TaylorMade® SpeedBlade™ Iron Sets take the Speed Pocket to the next level, giving you an instrument that will change the nature of your approach shots, helping you to hit more greens and shoot lower scores. SpeedBlades are radically differently than any other irons in terms of look, speed, launch, spin, feel, and sound. Visually, SpeedBlade irons are striking, combining a 2-tone, satin nickel chrome plating with dark smoke satin ion plating (IP). Internally, the key performance feature that separates SpeedBlade from the pack is the Speed Pocket, a handle-bar shaped slot in the sole of the 3–7 irons that enables a large area of the face to flex and rebound at impact, resulting in faster ball speed, higher launch, and better feel. The Speed Pocket performs where golfers need it most, helping you get the most out of low-on-the-face shots by sending them on a consistently higher, longer-carrying, and softer-landing flight.
The improved Speed Pocket has been widened and lengthened, giving you more face area toward the toe and heel that promotes a high launch angle, strong ball flight, and a steep, quick-stopping angle of descent. Critical to the performance and visual appeal of SpeedBlade irons is their progressive shaping throughout the set. The slender topline and sole in the short irons promote better workability, feel, and control. The long irons feature a bigger topline to inspire confidence at address, and have each been optimized to promote phenomenal distance as well as fantastic feel and sound, thanks to the vibration-dampening qualities of the Speed Pocket polymer and multi-material badge.
TaylorMade engineers carefully managed the distance-gaps between each SpeedBlade iron by meticulously controlling loft, face thickness, CG location, shaft characteristics, club-length and, most importantly, the behavior of the Speed Pocket. The result is a complete iron set that delivers balanced and consistent gaps between every club. And as drivers, fairway woods, and Rescue clubs have evolved to deliver more and more distance, TaylorMade engineers designed SpeedBlade to close the gap between the longest iron and the shortest metalwood in your bag. SpeedBlade irons come with your choice of SpeedBlade 85 steel shafts or Velox T graphite shafts, all capped with SpeedBlade rubber grips.
- Elongated Speed Pocket™ for a faster face and more ball speed in the center, down low, toward the toe, and toward the heel
- Lowest CG of any TaylorMade distance irons makes them easy to launch on a high and strong flight
- Individually engineered heads for optimized distance, trajectory, control, spin, feel, and sound
- Advanced head structure, Speed Pocket polymer, and multi-material badge work together to absorb unwanted vibration to promote fantastic sound and feel
- Balanced distance gaps between each iron so every iron is valuable; closes gap between longest iron and lowest metalwood
- Bending notch makes the irons easier to bend for loft and lie adjustments
- Steel or graphite shafts; SpeedBlade rubber grips