TaylorMade SLDR S Fairway Wood for Men
The TaylorMade® SLDR™ S Fairway Wood gives guys a better option for long approach shots from the fairway. The SLDR S has a shallower face than the standard SLDR, lowering the CG to make it easier to launch the ball at a higher trajectory. The advantage of this S model is most obvious when your ball lands, because it descends at a steeper angle and stops more quickly on the green. This small but powerful club combines 2 of TaylorMade's most recent innovations: Speed Pocket technology and an exceptionally low-and-forward center of gravity (CG) location. The smaller Speed Pocket is more efficient at increasing face flex at impact, so you get faster initial ball speed across a wider portion of the face. The Speed Pocket design allowed engineers to move the clubhead's CG lower and more forward, generating faster ball speed and lower spin-rate. Loft Sleeve technology allows you to adjust loft 1.5° up or down for an optimal launch angle. A satin silver crown contrasts nicely with the black clubface to make it easy to align the face at address. The TaylorMade SLDR S Fairway Wood comes equipped with a special Fujikura Speeder 65 shaft, which is 12 grams lighter than the one that comes with the standard model, so you can achieve greater clubhead speed and distance. The shaft has also been shortened in the 5, 5HL, and 7 fairways to promote better consistency at impact.
Manufacturer model #: N1136105.
- S model has a shallower face than the standard SLDR, lowering the CG for a higher trajectory
- Exceptionally low-and-forward CG for faster ball speed and lower spin
- Speed Pocket flexes at impact for consistent speed and predictable distance
- New smaller Speed Pocket is more efficient
- High loft options work with low-forward CG to promote high launch and long carry
- Compact head size and shallow face for easy launch and playability from every lie
- Loft Sleeve technology allows ±1.5° loft change
- Satin silver crown and black face for easy alignment
- Comes equipped with a special, lighter Fujikura Speeder 65 shaft and TM 360 grip