Strike King® Rage Tail® Craw Softbait Lures
- Exclusive design
- Two realistic pincers
- Slender body engineered to create turblulence
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
-every 3 seconds then
-every 5 seconds it really does not matter how fast or slow or when to jerk it really
1) Is the most action packed Craw design on the market. With the slightest movement of the rod tip, the claws start flapping back and forth and create terrific action and vibration in the water. This versatile design lends itself to a variety of popular rigging techniques that have proven effective at the highest level on the Pro Fishing Tour.
2) The Rage Craw can be rigged with a variety of hook sizes and styles depending on the type of presentation you are looking for. The most popular is Texas rigged using a bullet weight from 1/8 oz to 1 oz depending on the amount of wind and water depth when fishing. ¼ oz is standard. For casting with a drag and stop, or lift and fall retrieve, an un-pegged weight is very popular. For flipping or pitching in brush or trees, a pegged weight is advised to keep the bait and weight together which helps you to better navigate the structure as well as provide a more vertical presentation.
3) Using the Rage Craw and Jig Trailer is very popular when a slightly larger or longer profile is desired over the standard chunk size trailer. This can be used on the standard skirted football, flipping or casting jigs, or on a stand up jig head as well.
4) Carolina rigged is also very effective using as light of a weight as necessary for the wind and depth conditions. This technique allows the bait to free swim at any and all depths which is very attractive to the fish.
5) Another up and coming rig is the Rage Rig using a keel weighted hook like the 1/4oz weighted Stroker swimbait hook from Moaner Hooks in 3/0, 4/0 or 5/0. This allows the bait to fall with a different profile and action and is extremely effective for finicky fish in shallow water and over grass or moss beds. Light or low wind conditions are best for this style of presentation.
6) Completely weightless using an EWG hook in the sizes mentioned below, gives an excellent finesse top water presentation that allows a gentle fluttering, flapping top action and lets the bait slowly fall in the grass pockets when needed.
7) Any of the popular hook designs are effective with the Craw which includes Standard offset worm hook and EWG hook. Preferred sizes are 3/0 to 4/0 in each.