Smith Optics® Backdrop Polarized Sunglasses
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
- Techlite™ polarized glass TLT lenses
- 100% UVA/B/C protection
- Hydroleophobic and Anti-Reflective coatings
- Select styles feature Polarchromic lenses that darken and lighten with varying light conditions
- Eco-friendly Evolve frames
- Stainless steel spring hinges
- Megol nose and temple pads
- Medium fit/coverage
- Manufacturer's lifetime warranty
The Smith Optics Backdrop is a great all-around option for active anglers and outdoorsmen. Techlite polarized glass TLT lenses provide 100% UVA/B/C protection. These scratch-resistant lenses have Hydroleophobic coatings to repel moisture, grease, and grime, plus Anti-Reflective coatings to eliminate bothersome sidelight reflections. Select styles feature Polarchromic lenses that darken and lighten with varying light conditions. Eco-friendly Evolve frames are made from castor plants; they are 53% bio-based, lightweight, and durable. These premium shades incorporate stainless steel hinges as well as Megol nose and temple pads for a non-slip fit. Medium fit/coverage. Manufacturer's lifetime warranty.Techlite glass lenses feature Tapered Lens Technology (TLT), plus Hydroleophobic and Anti-Reflective coatings for the best in optical performance and all-day comfort. Polarchromic lenses darken and lighten with varying light conditions. About your Smith Optics lenses:
- Polarchromic Copper Mirror (copper tint with silver flash mirror coating) offers medium contrast and is very comfortable and pleasant to wear.
- Polarized Copper enhances contrast and depth perception and reduces reflected glare from water, sand, or pavement.
- Polarized Gray Green reduces reflected glare and sharpens detail in true colors.
- Polarized Green Mirror (high-contrast polarized brown lens with green mirror) provides strong contrast in bright conditions without affecting light reaching the eye.
Rated 5 out of 5 by 6
Rated 5 out of 5 by tata Great Shades
I have the SuperMethods and the Backdrop with brown lenses.....Love both, the Backdrop is my second pair, the grey/green is also a wonderful lens. I would recommend these especially for women with smaller faces, they stay on mine perfectly. Great on the water, polarized, very clear and tough lenses.
April 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mark15 Great glasses for all my sports!
As a raft guide and a whitewater kayaker, I need eye protection that keeps me on the water and seeing where I'm going. My Backdrops have been perfect, on and off the water, since I got them two years ago. The frames have been sturdy, even crammed under a helmet. The lenses are super clear and crisp, and they've held up to all kinds of abuse....rubbing against 'biners, falling on rocks, etc. I've used other brands and other materials, but I'm not going back.
October 3, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by JT12 Awesome!
The clarity and scratch resistance of these glasses are by far the best in the industry. I use these glasses for all outdoor activities. I would recommend these glasses to everyone! And Smith's warranty program is unmatched!
October 3, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by jaypatroller best pair of glasses I've owned in years!
I've been buying Smith Techlite glass sunglasses for about the past 8+ years and I love them. The techlite glass isn't much heavier than other plastic lenses and yet they remain scratch free for years and years, as long as I don't sit or step on them. I've had them warranteed a few times for breaking them because of my own stupidity and I've lost a few pair. I always go back to the backdrop as my primary every day sunglasses! Love the photochromic polarized lenses and flexible frame hinges.
October 2, 2012
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime