Shimano TranX Baitcast Reel
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
Even big fish like musky are no match for the Shimano® TranX™ Baitcast Reel! The many features of the Shimano TranX Baitcaster make it perfect for heavy freshwater and saltwater applications. The innovative design and shape of the TranX Baitcast Reel provide the comfort of a low-profile reel with the capacity of a conventional reel. X-Ship and HEG technologies are combined to provide outstanding cranking power with a smooth, effortless retrieve. A Superfree bearing-supported pinion gear prevents friction with the spool shaft for improved freespool. The VBS Brake System reacts to the spool rotation speed to provide ideal brake force throughout the cast. Choose from high gear (HG) and power gear (PG) models. The TranX from Shimano is a gamechanger!
- S A-RB® A-RB® coating protects bearings from rust in saltwater
- Super Stopper® abolishes handle back play
- Dartanium® II drag washer
- Ergonomic Power Handle for added leverage
- Superfree bearing-supported pinion gear eliminates friction with spool shaft
- E.I. surface treatment on spool protects against corrosion from saltwater-soaked braided line
- HEG® drive and pinion gears increase cranking efficiency
- Durable X-Ship design provides an extra smooth retrieve
- For easy identification, TRX500HG has black handle/TRX500PG has silver handle
Shimano® TranX™ Baitcast Reels
Awesome awesome reels. I can cast a country mile. Lots of power. The PG can crank them boys right out the water. The HG works great with heavy lures. Only bad thing is the plastic line guide. When reeling in a big monster and the drag down tight. It almost feels and looks like it going break. But it hasnt so far. Other than that it performs like a champ. I love them.
August 11, 2012
If you're wondering if this reel is all it'd hyped up to be, let me clarify that it is! I was skeptical about this purchase because of the price tag, but out on the water this reel casts like a dream, burns jigs and surface irons quick to draw a strike, and has the power to put the brakes on big barracuda and yellowtail. It pairs nicely with the 8' Terez Medium action. I've got mine spooled with 80lb. braid and it comes off the reel nicely. I think this reel has solved the problem of owning many reel sizes for different uses. I can fish the bottom because of the line capacity, cast surface jigs, and yoyo fish heavy jigs. Drag is super smooth also. I just don't get the white power handle?
June 30, 2012
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime