Shimano® Saragosa® Offshore Spinning Reels
- Paladin gear durability enhancement
- Propulsion line management system
- S A-RB shielded ball bearings
- High speed retrieves
- Stopperless design (no anti-reverse switch)
- Aluminum frame
- Graphite rotor (aluminum on 14000 & 18000 sizes)
- Power roller III line roller
- S-Arm cam one-piece bail wire aerowave oscillation (3000-8000 sizes only)
- Aero wrap oscillation (14000 & 18000 sizes only)
- Super stopper II anti-reverse
- 5+1 bearings (6+1 on 14000 & 18000 sizes)
- Direct drive mechanism
- Machined aluminum handle shank
- Fluidrive II
- Cold forged Aluminum Spool
- Drilled Spool Skirt
- Titanium Spool Lip
- Waterproof Drag
- Easy Access Drag Washers
- Dartainium drag (6000-18000 sizes only)
- Ergonomic handle grips
- Septon handle grips
- Repairable clicker Line recovery in inches per handle turn.
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Again, I'm no expert. This is simply my opinion based on my experience using both types of reels and also what I've read.
As for which size for your rod, I also have a 7'0 St.Croix rod (an Avid Inshore to be exact), and I went with the 4000 size for the Saragosa and the balance is great. Even the 3000, if you can find it, would probably balance nicely too. I also have an equivalent reel to the 5000 size but it's simply too much reel for my rod. I can't say which size Thunnus would fit best since I haven't handled one in person.
Do the drag washers of the Saragosa need to be changed to "Carbontex"?