Remington® Model 597™ .22LR Rifle
Best Clip Fed .22LR
I own this rifle and a Ruger 10/22. The 597 is the better rifle - hands down. I'll give you several reasons why:
* Last round bolt hold-open - more useful than you think.
* Adult sized stock with 14" pull.
* Superior ramp sights to the 10-22's Buckhorns
* Sights are adjustable with a screwdriver & Allen wrench (the 10/22 takes a hammer & drift punch).
* Better sight picture.
* More accurate in my hands.
* Better trigger break.
* Shoots any .22lr that's 1200fps+.
* Handles extented shooting better than the 10/22 (200+ rounds without cleaning)
* Clip ejects crisper (in any position) than the 10/22.
TIP - People that complain about jamming/missfeeds have over-tightened the bolt guide-rails and forced them out of alignment, or, didn't clean their new rifle before going to the range, or, shoot sub-sonic ammo.
Yes, you can customize the 10/22 until the cows come home. So what. I need a .22 that functions well out-of-the-box, not after $500 in mods.
After you clean it a couple of times, you'll see that it's as easy to clean as any .22 out there.
July 14, 2012
My gun was missing the ejector pin and spring when purchased. This leads me to believe the product has low quality assurance and is not assembled very well. I found that it is of very low quality and was very disappointed with my purchase. Was also disappointed that the model with the scope did not come with ironsights in case you want to switch off the scope.
April 11, 2012
This was my first rifle and i am very happy with it, good accuracy and good looks, great price
April 11, 2012
I bought this rifle last year and shot it a lot i mean a lot never had a jam or anything. Just the one thing about this gun is it cant shoot shorts, which i did not know that. i guess clips wont allow that.
March 27, 2012