RedHead® Cougar Hunting Boots for Men
Not Too Happy
I just bought these boots recently (1/20/15) in store. I was looking for something I could wear as an everyday boot to work in, as well as have them do double-duty on the weekends for hunting. The sales person told me that RedHead had recently made some upgrades to the boots and they are improved from the previous make. I tried them on, and they felt fair, and for the price I figured I'd try them and break them in... After a few days, here's my findings:
• Price Point
• Feel reasonably well made (after a week of wear)
• The boots fit true to size for the most part, but feel a little wide. ( This may be a good thing, if you're layering up socks, using thick wool socks, or just have a wider foot).
• They seem to to be waterproof from the little bit of trudging through the snow and puddles I've done.
• They seem reasonably warm, especially for not being an insulated boot.
• I like the look of them, and the camo pattern does seem nicer than the picture shows.
• Decent traction for outdoor hiking
• These do not feel very supportive. They are too wide and the material does not support my foot well
• The insoles are terrible and to not offer any arch support or cushioning.
• They tend to pinch and rub my foot and ankles. After wearing them for a few days to work, I have several blisters on my toes and they'e managed to rub a raw spot on my ankle
• They are waterproof to a fault. You may not get outside water in your boot - but if you sweat at all, your feet are going to get soaked from the inside out. At the end of the day, my feet are wet, shriveled up prunes... And having wet feet helps cause the boots to rub and wear on my foot.
• Traction is not well suited for man-made environments. They feel slick on wood or smooth concrete (ex: warehouse floors, hardwood office floors)
• While trying to break them in, they seem to get less comfortable the more I wear them. They felt pretty good in the store, but have become more uncomfortable with each day.
Conclusion: I don't think I would recommend anyone to buy these boots, especially online. If you're trying them on in store, perhaps they will work for you. Perhaps they're better if you upgrade the insole, wear thicker socks, or maybe they're more well suited for short hikes and occasional use. But, in my opinion, these are just too uncomfortable.
January 25, 2015
RedHead Cougar Hunting Boots
I was looking for a pair of lightweight, waterproof boots. The camo pattern is better then the picture in the description. The fit is right on the money. For $40 I am more then happy. Felt good right out of the box. Bass pro ships nice and quick too!!! Do yourself a favor and grab a pair!
February 20, 2014
My pair was waterproof
I have had my shoes up to an inch below the top of the shoe trout fishing, and have had no problems. I have hiked in them and they provide exclent traction. They are comfortable out of the box. I have had them a year now, and just as nice as the day I purchased them.
November 30, 2014
If you like wet feet these are the boots for you. Claim to be waterproof. If there is any dew on the grass your feet will be wet. These are for sunny dry days only. The only good thing about them is they fit good and are comfortable to wear. I guess you by cheep you get cheep. I would return if I had a receipt but oh well my loss. I would give this a minus star if one was available.
July 18, 2014