Sale price: Clearance price: Starting at: Sale starting at: Clearance starting at: Reg. price:
Put Hodgdon's 50+ years of propellent experience to work for you. No measuring. No pouring. No kidding! Pyrodex® pellets give muzzleloaders greater consistency and performance, faster second shots, and less waste than ever. Designed for use in muzzleloaders and blackpowder cartridge arms. Pellets are easy to use for fast reloads and burn cleaner than black powder for more shots between cleanings.
- Premeasured and compressed for quick and easy loading
- Cleaner than black powder, more accuracy and velocity shot after shot
- Designed for muzzleloaders and black powder cartridge arms
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
When in doubt double check with a gun smith or the manufacturer to see what they recommend.
The discs/pellets are made for use with a 209 in-line ingnition system and you'll be wasting $$ if you use them in anything but an in-line action.
In general here's what you have to do with all muzzleloaders.
1. Check and make sure the rifle's breech is empty by putting the ram rod down and KNOWING at what depth is empty.
2. Measure your powder into a loading tube. Never load directly into a gun barrel.
3. Dump the powder from the loading tube into the barrel.
4. Place the projectile - patch & ball, sabot, etc... in the barrel.
5. Using the ball starter push the projectile into the barrel.
6. Use the long part of the ball starter push the projectile further into the barrel.
7. Use ram rod to push projectile all the way to bottom.
8. Confirm that everything is seated properly by check the depth of the ram rod against a known depth for that load and ball.
9. Place cap or primer in the rifle.
10. Go hunt!
Note: these a simplified directions and you should refer to your manufacturer instruction manual or a trusted gun smith before attempting to fire the blackpowder rifle.
Remember alway keep the barrel pointed in a safe direction and never overload or double load your rifle. Bad things WILL happen.
JAG= the ridged cylynder usually on the end of your ram rod.(picture 1)
drop in the pyrodex pellets. (2 is 100GR 3 is 150 GR) with the dark black side down.
slip in your bullet. i reccomend the non saboted hollow point ( i reccomend the hollow point powerbelt ) easy to slide down.
before you shoot for the first time be sure you are all seated in the barrel. MARK YOUR RAM ROD WITH A FULL BARREL this will help you remember if its loaded at the range or not ( there will be times you forget)
if your gun is a 209, open the BREECH and insert your primer.
209 = shotgun primer. (picture 2)
breech. the hindge area or area your cap is put in(picture 3)
now pull back your hammer. aim and fire!
once you fire.
if your in the field and shot a deer. run your ramrod down the barrel one or 2 times to stamp out any embers. embers will make your powder go poof!
then proceed to load.
if sighting in. after every shot. clean your barrel useign standard cleaning practices. why? because in the field your not shooting with a dirty hot barrel. so at the range use a clean cold barrel every time you shoot. takes longer. but more on target.
i hope this has helped. remember know your target and beond. these are rifles not shotguns.
now im not sure if you were refering to muzzy its self or now that i see about it working in handguns. in handguns i do not know. i assume but ask your lokal shop for more info. they are verry closely related.
there are many online forums that can help you. due to guide lines i can not specify a website i and thousands of others frequent but you can search on google for a forum to belong to.