Okuma Andros Single Speed Saltwater Reel
Sale price: Clearance price: Starting at: Sale starting at: Clearance starting at: Reg. price:
The Okuma Andros is the result of the increasing consumer preference for lower-sitting, lighter-weight, more powerful reels made to dominate mid-sized saltwater gamefish with braided line in the 15-40 lb. range. It's got massive line capacity and an ultra-powerful drag that belies its less then 15 ounce weight and very compact size, keeping you agile and increasing direct contact with your quarry, therefore enhancing your fishing experience. Its internal features include 6 ABEC-5 rated EZO Japanese ball bearings and 17-4 grade stainless steel helical cut gearing. The Carbonite drag system features a cutting-edge carbon-based drag material which displaces heat and friction consistently and steadily even under the harshest of fishing conditions. Used in conjunction with a small amount of specially-formulated Okuma drag grease, the Carbonite drag system allows for a much wider and smoother drag range, all while maintaining exceptional performance and pure fish-stopping power. Maximum drag at Full with complete freespool is 24 lbs; maximum drag at Strike with complete freespool is 15 lbs. Other top-line design points include a ratchet drag lever for precise drag settings; an ergo-grip handle knob with anodized aluminum handle arm; one screw right sideplate take down for easy internal access; and an integrated recessed reel foot design for low profile rod fit.
- Six ABEC-5 rated EZO Japanese ball bearings
- Ratchet drag lever for precise drag settings
- Ergo grip handle knob with anodized aluminum handle
- One screw right sideplate take down
- 17-4 grade stainless steel helical cut gearing
- Maximum drag at Full with complete freespool is 24 lbs.
- Maximum drag at Strike with complete freespool is 15 lbs.
- Carbonite drag system with Cal's drag grease
- Integrated recessed reel foot design