Offshore Angler Freestyle Jig
Irresistible freestyle action starts as soon as it hits the water!
The Offshore Angler™ Freestyle Jigs are designed to have enticing action both on the drop and the retrieve while vertical jigging, prompting vicious strikes! Our flashy Freestyle Jigs are complete with lifelike hologram finish, oversized 3-D eyes, a stainless steel split ring that makes changing jigs easy, and double hooks by premium saltwater hooks.
- Enticing freestyle action
- Lifelike hologram finish
- Oversized 3-D eyes
- Stainless steel split ring
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
1. Clear Water. Color selection is critical when faced with clear conditions as fish are able to give baits a serious once-over from a distance. In clear water—match the hatch. I hate using that all-so-tired cliché, but it's so applicable. Clear water dictates a pattern that closely mimics the predominant baitfish in the particular bay, bayou, river, flat or blue water you're fishing. If it's killifish, then by all means use a killifish pattern. Knowledge of the local water always helps with clear-water color selections.
2. Semi-Stained Water. In mildly stained water, opt for relatively neutral colors. Why this may be hard to believe, in the water, blue, red and orange all appear neutral.
3. Overcast, Dark Days. When overcast, opt for dark colors; these include black, gold and varying shades of gray.
4. Bright, Clear Days. On bright, bluebird days lean toward light colors. These include white, chartreuse, chrome and silver.
I have caught nice stripers with this lure working it off the bottom from a boat, slower than a butterfly type jig.
We drop a lot deeper than that with no problem.
Tie it in the same ring the hooks are on between the two hooks if tandom. They will not tangle like this,the hooks will fall down the line and off as you work it upon the first two or three jerks.