Rated 5 out of 5 by 3
Rated 5 out of 5 by bassarchery Excellent quality for price
I purchased Oculus 5.0 15x56
1. Excellent Clarity
4. Price is extremely affordable compared to other brands
5. Lifetime warranty
6. Tripod adapter
1. The dangling objective lens covers get in the field of view alot of the time. But they can be removed from the binos which solves the problem.
I'm extemely impressed with these Binos. I've always wanted a pair of good quality 15x binos. But never could justify dropping over 700 dollars on a good pair. Bass pro binos in the past have been junk. But now that Vortex is making this Oculus line of binos for Bass Pro, that is a thing of the past. I have used these binos on 2 different hunts. First on my coues deer hunt and second on my wifes elk hunt. On the deer hunt i was able to pick out coues deer over 1200 yards away. Which is very hard to do with the small framed coues deer. On my wifes elk hunt i was able to easily see a herd of elk a mile away on a pine tree covered mountain side. It was a late December hunt, so it was 15 to 20 degrees most of the time. They didn't fog up once during the hunt. Another reviewer commented on how they are heavy and hard to hold still. They come with a tripod adapter for a reason, 15x56 binos need to be used on a tripod. Once they are used in this manner, you will be amazed at the amount of game you can find. Make sure when you purchase the 15x56 binos that the box contains the tripod adapter. A hunting associate informed me that the first binos off the line, didn't contain the tripod adapter. So if you didn't recieve your adapter either contact Bass Pro or Oculus and they will correct the error (I recieved mine).
December 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by BeerKiller Oculus 5.0: Great Budget Binoculars
This review is for the Oculus 5.0 15x56 model.
1. Excellent optics for the money.
2. No complaints regarding clarity (can't see any rainbow effect).
3. 15x magnification is very powerful.
4. Very sturdy frame and feels durable.
5. Late night or early morning viewing is not a problem. 6. Price is right for a budget buyer.
7. Instructions are easy to follow.
8. Nice carrying case.
9. Lifetime Warranty.
1. The Oculus 5.0 15x56 model is bigger and heavier (in comparison the Vortex Viper 15x56 is half the weight but also over twice the money).
2. The heavier size makes it a little hard to hold steady when viewing far away objects with the powerful 15x magnification.
3. The dangling objective lens covers get tangled and sometimes can be confusing on which one is left and which one is right (a simple marker, label or sticker can fix that).
The reason I gave these binoculars a five is because I was under budget and I was not disappointed when I put these binoculars to my eyes. Especially when considering I was contemplating dropping $1200 on a pair of Vortex Razor HD. The weight does bother me a little but the structural quality in how these feel, and the quality of optics, (for the money), makes up for the weight... in my opinion. If weight is important to you, then I would recommend the 10x42 model.
October 13, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Aceshaw2 Good So Far
I purchased Oculus™ 5.0 Binoculars after sorting through the following brands that offered similar bells and whistles: Bushnell® Excursion® EX Binoculars, Nikon® PROSTAFF® 7 ATB Binoculars, Redfield® Rebel™ 10x42 Binoculars. I was going to purchase the Redfields based on the reviews that where posted but I had trouble with focusing them and my eyes seemed to fatigue quick with them . The Oculus Binoculars directions where simple to read and simple to use. My wife had no trouble using them and that was a huge factor in my purchase. The salesman at the Bass Pro in East Peoria, Illinois really took the time to explain the differences in each of the binoculars and for the money these were perfect. I have not field-tested them so more to come, but when I have used them, I have had nothing but good luck. My eyes and my wife’s eyes were not fatigued after using them.
April 15, 2013