Rated 5 out of 5 by 2
Rated 5 out of 5 by BeerKiller Oculus 5.0: Great Budget Binoculars
This review is for the Oculus 5.0 15x56 model.
1. Excellent optics for the money.
2. No complaints regarding clarity (can't see any rainbow effect).
3. 15x magnification is very powerful.
4. Very sturdy frame and feels durable.
5. Late night or early morning viewing is not a problem. 6. Price is right for a budget buyer.
7. Instructions are easy to follow.
8. Nice carrying case.
9. Lifetime Warranty.
1. The Oculus 5.0 15x56 model is bigger and heavier (in comparison the Vortex Viper 15x56 is half the weight but also over twice the money).
2. The heavier size makes it a little hard to hold steady when viewing far away objects with the powerful 15x magnification.
3. The dangling objective lens covers get tangled and sometimes can be confusing on which one is left and which one is right (a simple marker, label or sticker can fix that).
The reason I gave these binoculars a five is because I was under budget and I was not disappointed when I put these binoculars to my eyes. Especially when considering I was contemplating dropping $1200 on a pair of Vortex Razor HD. The weight does bother me a little but the structural quality in how these feel, and the quality of optics, (for the money), makes up for the weight... in my opinion. If weight is important to you, then I would recommend the 10x42 model.
October 13, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Aceshaw2 Good So Far
I purchased Oculus™ 5.0 Binoculars after sorting through the following brands that offered similar bells and whistles: Bushnell® Excursion® EX Binoculars, Nikon® PROSTAFF® 7 ATB Binoculars, Redfield® Rebel™ 10x42 Binoculars. I was going to purchase the Redfields based on the reviews that where posted but I had trouble with focusing them and my eyes seemed to fatigue quick with them . The Oculus Binoculars directions where simple to read and simple to use. My wife had no trouble using them and that was a huge factor in my purchase. The salesman at the Bass Pro in East Peoria, Illinois really took the time to explain the differences in each of the binoculars and for the money these were perfect. I have not field-tested them so more to come, but when I have used them, I have had nothing but good luck. My eyes and my wife’s eyes were not fatigued after using them.
April 15, 2013