Mountrek® Nomad Tundra Waterproof Insulated Winter Boots for Men - Tan
- Great protection in nasty winter conditions
- Tough, waterproof burnished leather upper with waxed waterproof suede leather panel
- Molded TPU Toe Cap for additional protection from nasty winter weather
- 400g PrimaLoft® Insulation - blocks out winter chill
- Real Waterproof® membrane for breathable, waterproof protection
- Adjustable topline closures with instep strap
- Contoured, dual density footbed with TPU heelcup - absorbs shock and adds stability
- 3/4-length TPU shank - superior stability
- Protective bottom plate - locks out cold from underfoot
- Multi-directional lug design for superior cold weather traction
Manufacturer model #: I6402.
Rated 1 out of 5 by 1 reviewer.
Rated 1 out of 5 by JimSam Extreme material flaw. Bought this past fall and wore them for a total of about 7 days. Comfortable but felt damp by the end of the day, different for each foot indicating it may not only be sweat.. I went to wear the boots about 3 months since I had worn them for that 7 days and one of the eyelets broke/tore completely off when I tightened the laces. A closer inspection of the eyelets indicates what appears to be a thin brittle metal was used on the part that is riveted to the boot, holding the d-ring on. Further review showed almost all of the upper eyelets on both boots to exhibit extreme bends which would result in failure with any further use. As a metallurgist, I am very suprised and disappointed in this oversight, resulting in the boot unsuable after 7 days of use. I am not sure what I am going to do at this time with my existing/failed boots, as I don't believe the problem to be isolated to one pair! March 9, 2013
1-1 of 1
1 Question | 1 Answer
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Details:Do I need to spray these boots with a water repellent?
I purchased them this evening at Bass in RC CA.
A:Although waterproof already, I have always used products such as Sno Seal for my leather that is going to be exposed to snow for extended periods of time. As a beeswax type product, I am sure there are other brands that would be equally beneficial to your boots.
You should expect the color to change though, typically darkens, when you apply any product such as this to leather. No harm to the performance of the material though.
1 of 1
1 of 1