Mountain House® Freeze Dried Beef Stew Entrée
- Easy packing, easy to prepare, delicious, nutritious freeze dried entrée
- 10 oz. serving—two servings
- Easy prep—add boiling water in pouch and eat meal right from the pouch
- Specially designed, multi-layered foil pouch keeps food at room temperature for years
- Retains fresh flavor and original texture
- Potatoes, vegetables, and beef in a rich beef sauce
Manufacturer model #: 53-114.
The Mountain House product line of freeze-dried meals has been manufacturing backpacking / recreational foods since the late-1960s. Other brands of backpacking foods mix freeze dried and dehydrated ingredients in their entrees. Dehydrated ingredients cost less and do not have the superior flavor that freeze dried ingredients do. Dehydrated foods often require soaking and long cook times, while freeze dried entrees require only the addition of boiling water and a maximum set time of 10 minutes.