More Fish Campaign Donation
Sale price: Clearance price: Starting at: Sale starting at: Clearance starting at: Reg. price:
This action plan was led by the Association of Fish and Wildlife agencies, your state department of Fish and Wildlife, the Department of Commerce… with the help of over 700 federal, state, and non- governmental partners, including Bass Pro Shops.
A national fish habitat conservation strategy has been created due to the dire circumstances of our fisheries:
- Since 1900, 123 aquatic freshwater species have become extinct in North America.
- The future extinction rate is predicted to be 4% per decade.
- Of 822 species of native freshwater fishes in the US, 39% are at risk of extinction.
- 20% of the world’s freshwater fish are extinct or in serious decline.
- 50% of lakes and more than 50% of streams assessed by states are classified as impaired.
- Wetlands continue to be lost at a rate estimated to be between 30,000 to 60,000 acres per year since the mid-1990s.