Minn Kota Onboard Alternator Chargers
These DC powered Onboard Alternator Chargers by Minn Kota® use power from your boat's alternator to recharge your trolling batteries while your main engine is running. The Minn Kota Onboard Alternator Chargers are designed for use with 12 volt systems with 12V / 6-cell batteries that are flooded/wet cell, maintenance free or starved electrolyte (AGM) only. Waterproof construction, saltwater protected, FCC compliant. Total amp output: Up to 10 amps per bank. Amps per bank: Up to 10 amps. Manufacturer's 3-year warranty.
- Uses power from your boat's alternator to recharge your trolling batteries
- Designed for use with 12-volt systems
- Waterproof construction
- Saltwater protected
- FCC compliant
- 3-year manufacturer's warranty
Dimension and unit weight:
Model MK-2 DC is 10.5'' x 7.25'' x 3.5'' and 6.5 lbs.
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
An alternators normal output would be around 14.4 volts. With the engine off a battery can be 11-13.3 volts (depnds on the charge level) , the unit would be off at this voltage level and isolate them from each other. Quite simple to hook up (leads may need to be extended in some applications but that is an easy task as well. Minn Kota has the users manual available on their site.
CONNECTING THE BATTERIES TO THE CHARGER:
1. Find the input cable labeled “STARTING” and connect POSITIVE (RED) wire to POSITIVE (+) or ungrounded terminal on the starting battery.
Then connect the NEGATIVE (BLACK) to the NEGATIVE (-) or grounded battery terminal on that battery.
2. Find each output cable and connect POSITIVE (RED) wire to POSITIVE (+) or ungrounded terminal on the trolling battery. Then connect the
NEGATIVE (BLACK) to the NEGATIVE (-) or grounded battery terminal on that battery.
3. Connect additional output cables to additional batteries as described in step 2.
4. For this DC Alternator Charger to function, find the purple ignition wire and connect it to the
Ignition Circuit. This can be any +12v source that is only energized when the ignition key is
turned on. Use the quick connect terminal provided. See diagram to the right. If the purple ignition
wire is not long enough, it can be extended with 18 AWG wire.
Each output bank is independent and isolated from one another. The Minn Kota charger can
charge independent batteries or combinations of batteries hooked in series or parallel without
disconnecting the batteries from any switches or wires / straps joining the batteries.
What's the main diference between the mk 345D and mk 330 D.? I plan on getting both but not sure which ones?
It will be for a new tracker 16ft. deep v that comes with a cranking and trolling battery but i'm not sure which type they use. Will this set-up work OK?