Minn Kota® Engine Mount Freshwater Trolling Motors
- Single or dual motor composite mounting bracket has strength properties similar to aluminum
- Control module features potted electronics sealed into an aluminum housing for optimal protection against heat and water damage
- Corded control can be handheld or mounted at the helm, and includes an 18' cord
- All mounting hardware included, for easy installation
- Manufacturer's 2-year warranty
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Per Minn Kota web site: http://www.minnkotamotors.com/products/trolling_motors/engine_mount/freshwater.aspx
Engine Mount Guide
Use this chart as a guide for the minimum clearance required from the spine of your outboard to the end of your cavitation plate (see diagram), as well as from the cavitation plate to the waterline (13" minimum).
Can I use the EM (Engine Mount) on a pontoon?
No, the boat would have to go up on plane in order for the EM to be out of the water while the main motor is being used. Since pontoons don’t go up on plane, the EM wouldn’t come out of the water and would cause too much drag.
This is my 19.5 84 Colbalt open bow with Merc out drive.
Thanking you in advance for the imfo.
as for the battery I used mine two days in a row (14 hours total) and it was still working pretty good the battery voltage when I was done was 10.9
The boat would have to go up on plane in order for the EM to be out of the water while the main motor is being used. Since pontoons don’t go up on plane, the EM wouldn’t come out of the water and would cause too much drag.