Lowrance® HDS-8 Gen2 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
- High-definition 8.4" Super VGA color viewing
- Brilliant, enhanced SolarMAX™ PLUS display for superior sunlight and wider-angle viewing
- Pure-white LED screen/keypad backlighting fully adjusts to zero-dim for night viewing
- Programmable and soft keys controls
- Built-in, exclusive Insight USA® mapping
- Real-time StructureMap™ capability
- Award-winning Broadband Sounder™
- Internal GPS Antenna
- Advanced Memory
The Lowrance® HDS-8 Gen2 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter offers high-definition 8.4" Super VGA color viewing with a brilliant, enhanced SolarMAX PLUS display for superior sunlight and wider-angle viewing. The pure-white LED screen/keypad backlighting fully adjusts to zero-dim for night viewing. Programmable and soft keys controls. All Lowrance HDS Gen2 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotters come standard with Real-time StructureMap capability, award-winning Broadband Sounder, a super-accurate Internal GPS Antenna, and Advanced Memory. The HDS-8 Gen2 is available with your choice of built-in exclusive Insight USA® mapping.
For information on service and warranty programs click here.
- Fastest HDS® ever. Lightning-fast chart updates.
- Real-time StructureMap™ capability for overlaying StructureScan® Sonar Imaging data and maps to create a more lifelike underwater view.
- Award-winning Broadband Sounder™ comes standard on all HDS fishfinder models! Mark and display everything underwater at higher speeds and at greater depths to 3,000"
- Super-Accurate, Internal GPS Antenna comes standard on all HDS chartplotter models! Reliable position accuracy in navigation with high-sensitivity GPS receiver with WAAS corrections.
- Insight USA® High-Definition Mapping is included with most HDS chartplotter models! Dynamic contour relief shading produces a lifelike presentation of underwater topography.
- Advanced Memory with up to two waterproof SD card slots to load Nautic Insight® HD or Navionics® map options. You can also record and save vital sonar and navigation data, and upload future HDS software feature updates.
Rated 4 out of 5 by 10
Rated 1 out of 5 by LymitMan Poor Product
Had this unit for about 3 years when the screen dimming function quit working, and the unit started locking up when powering off. Called Lowrance and was informed it was 35 days out of warranty. So the resolution was pay 860 for a rebuild with 6 month warranty or buy new. I bought a new one, installed it, and found the GPS was not working. An hour after working with Lowrance determined it is a defective unit. At least Bass Pro is good enough to stand behind it for 30 days. Else I would have to spend a week mailing things back and forth to Lowrance. I would suggest looking at other manufacturers if you have that option.
May 5, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by bassmansam I love it
I have a HDS 7 and enjoy it a lot, but I wanted a bigger screen. So I got HDS 8, put the 7 up front and the 8 at the console. Now I am very, very happy. can't go wrong there.
November 6, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by dahams35 Terrible rebates
I purchased this with the intention of getting a second one after the rebate came in for this purchase along with the structure scan. The rebate was supposed to be $300.00. However, when I received my rebate it was only for $150.00. I contacted Lowrance customer support and they requested copies of my paperwork. I sent them in to them and got no response. I emailed them once again after a week and again got no response. I am now selling my Lowrance product to go with the Hummingbird product. I will never purchase anything from Lowrance again.
July 16, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by nsdqdu Be weary
The install was easy for my set up. I have a 1981 Sea Ox 230c walk around cuddy. The first outing went great. The second outing we noticed the unit rebooted itself a couple of times when changing over to the structure scan. The third outing it did it while moving and not changing screens. The fourth time out it seemed like it was off more than on. All connections were checked several times by myself and my buddy. Maybe things were getting too hot? Maybe vibration? Nope, come to find out it is a known problem. With that in mind though Lowrance is more than glad to help you with the issue however you have to send the unit to them. In the meantime what do you use in its place? Hope you have a backup since you have to wait for your unit to get repaired. For the money it costs for the display and the structure scan module you would think they would just send a replacement to you and then you box your unit up and send it. We go offshore fishing and I really do not feel to good about using the old school azimuth and time way of navigating especially if the weather turns and now your travel speeds are different. I am not a ship captain just a fisherman so my navigation skills are basic hence why I rely on the GPS pretty heavily and use a compass as backup.
March 6, 2013
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime