FREE OFFER Lowrance® HDS-8 Gen2 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter
- High-definition 8.4" Super VGA color viewing
- Brilliant, enhanced SolarMAX™ PLUS display for superior sunlight and wider-angle viewing
- Pure-white LED screen/keypad backlighting fully adjusts to zero-dim for night viewing
- Programmable and soft keys controls
- Built-in, exclusive Insight USA® mapping
- Real-time StructureMap™ capability
- Award-winning Broadband Sounder™
- Internal GPS Antenna
- Advanced Memory
- Fastest HDS® ever. Lightning-fast chart updates.
- Real-time StructureMap™ capability for overlaying StructureScan® Sonar Imaging data and maps to create a more lifelike underwater view.
- Award-winning Broadband Sounder™ comes standard on all HDS fishfinder models! Mark and display everything underwater at higher speeds and at greater depths to 3,000"
- Super-Accurate, Internal GPS Antenna comes standard on all HDS chartplotter models! Reliable position accuracy in navigation with high-sensitivity GPS receiver with WAAS corrections.
- Insight USA® High-Definition Mapping is included with most HDS chartplotter models! Dynamic contour relief shading produces a lifelike presentation of underwater topography.
- Advanced Memory with up to two waterproof SD card slots to load Nautic Insight® HD or Navionics® map options. You can also record and save vital sonar and navigation data, and upload future HDS software feature updates.
Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 7 reviewers.
Rated 3 out of 5 by nsdqdu Be weary The install was easy for my set up. I have a 1981 Sea Ox 230c walk around cuddy. The first outing went great. The second outing we noticed the unit rebooted itself a couple of times when changing over to the structure scan. The third outing it did it while moving and not changing screens. The fourth time out it seemed like it was off more than on. All connections were checked several times by myself and my buddy. Maybe things were getting too hot? Maybe vibration? Nope, come to find out it is a known problem. With that in mind though Lowrance is more than glad to help you with the issue however you have to send the unit to them. In the meantime what do you use in its place? Hope you have a backup since you have to wait for your unit to get repaired. For the money it costs for the display and the structure scan module you would think they would just send a replacement to you and then you box your unit up and send it. We go offshore fishing and I really do not feel to good about using the old school azimuth and time way of navigating especially if the weather turns and now your travel speeds are different. I am not a ship captain just a fisherman so my navigation skills are basic hence why I rely on the GPS pretty heavily and use a compass as backup. March 6, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by JTMont Great If you don't have these products on your rig, uuuuuuu are just fun fishing. Serious anglers, these units are a must! Love it! August 27, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by JasperFishing HDS 8 worth the money for front of boat I used to run the HDS 5 on the front of the boat. Thought that was all I needed until I put the 8" screen HDS-8 up front. What an awsome view standing on the front deck!!! May 15, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by ComancheMike HDS 8 Generation 2 I installed this unit with an LSS-1. Please read my review of the LSS-1. These units do work as advertised. On a 3rd and 4th trip I spen a lot of time scanning some of the areas I fish frequently and have received a good education on why I catch fish in some areas and why I don't catch fish in others. I have struck several of th "fishy" looking areas from my favorites list because of what I learned using the HDS8/LSS-1. Most amazing is the way man made structure and debris around bridges and docks looks with these units. And when I do find fish around these places, I leave them to cool off for while and come back. I like to scout a few places and plan a sequence to fish them after I have located bass and decided on baits and techniques. These units are expensive for an old retired soldier, but I used my Bass Pro Shops Reward Points and the 300.00 Rebate from Lowrance to save 650.00 on these units. I am well pleased with the performance and can't wait to see what I learn about my local water on the next trip. I have save some gas too. The Yamaha 250 does not burn a lot @ idle when the Lowrance HDS8 and LSS-1 is in the Sructure Scan Mode. April 26, 2012
3 Questions | 8 Answers
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
A:The gen2 units use the LSS-2 structure scan unit. Sorry you will have to upgrade both units.
A:Yes the new Gen-2 will work with both the LSS-1 and the new LSS-2. Either structure scan gives you an great view.
A:The Insight map has more detail to it. I have owned 3 different chart plotters and the first one only had the base map. I will not use another one without it having Navionics maps. Much better detail for navigation.
A:Im no pro on this device...yet! lol but im told the base map is far less detailed then the insight maps. Thats the map of the actual lake you are on...again i m just giving you what i know. i bought the hds 8 structure scan bundle with insight maps and im pleased. plus you can always buy the map chips for even better clarity. hope this helped
A:Base Map is a bare-bones basic map of US major lakes and waterways. Insight includes multiple levels of detail options, zoom for closer look at details, built-in expert fishing tips on US inland lakes, and either east or west coastal waters.
A:Faster processor so less lag or hesitation when scrolling or changing pages.
1 of 1
1 of 1