Lowrance® HDS-5 Gen2 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
- High-resolution 5” color display
- Brilliant, enhanced SolarMAX™ PLUS display for superior sunlight and wider-angle viewing
- High-bright, cold-cathode fluorescent backlit display adjusts to zero-dim for easier night viewing
- Built-in, exclusive Insight USA® mapping or Enhanced US basemap
- Real-time StructureMap™ capability
- Award-winning Broadband Sounder™
- Internal GPS Antenna
- Advanced Memory
The Lowrance® HDS-5 Gen2 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter offers a high-resolution 5" color display that features a brilliant, enhanced SolarMAX PLUS display for superior sunlight and wider-angle viewing. The high-bright, cold-cathode fluorescent backlit display adjusts to zero-dim for easier night viewing. All Lowrance HDS Gen2 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotters come standard with Real-time StructureMap capability, award-winning Broadband Sounder, a super-accurate Internal GPS Antenna, and Advanced Memory. The HDS-5 Gen2 is available with your choice of built-in exclusive Insight USA® mapping or Enhanced US basemap.
For information on service and warranty programs click here:
- Fastest HDS® ever. Lightning-fast chart updates.
- Real-time StructureMap™ capability for overlaying StructureScan® Sonar Imaging data and maps to create a more lifelike underwater view.
- Award-winning Broadband Sounder™ comes standard on all HDS fishfinder models! Mark and display everything underwater at higher speeds and at greater depths to 3,000"
- Super-Accurate, Internal GPS Antenna comes standard on all HDS chartplotter models! Reliable position accuracy in navigation with high-sensitivity GPS receiver with WAAS corrections.
- Insight USA® High-Definition Mapping is included with most HDS chartplotter models! Dynamic contour relief shading produces a lifelike presentation of underwater topography.
- Advanced Memory with up to two waterproof SD card slots to load Nautic Insight® HD or Navionics® map options. You can also record and save vital sonar and navigation data, and upload future HDS software feature updates.
Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 9
Rated 5 out of 5 by Talib707 Great purchase and price
Have used twice. Mounted upfront on bass boat. Great upgrade from my old LCX unit. Will be purchasing the HDS 7 soon to replace counsel unit
March 7, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by FarmerSam TOO Complicated
I am sure that this instrument would be great for Bill Gatess, or some computer garu like that, provided they like to fish.
However, it definitely has too many choices and chapters for the average two or three times a month fisherman who does not use a computure regularly; or for fishermen over 60-65 yrs in age who do nothing more than e-mails, pictures ect. on a phone.
A good descriptive term is, "too many bells and whistles".
Suggest that you provide the 522 C as an option
November 21, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Seattlefisher Buyer beware
Buyer beware! I have the same story as other users with this model. At about 2.5 years the unit quit. Navico does NOT fix these units. You are expected to buy another one. I was offered a refurbished replacement for over $400 or an upgraded Gen 2 unit for more. Even with Tech Support admitting that it might just be a bad button I then had to contact upper management. They offered another price reduction but in my honest opinion they really don't care about keeping a customer for life. So, I will switch to some other brand. If you are thinking of buying this unit you should expect it to not lost very long. Please search the fishing forums and you will find that there are many, many users who experience the exact same problem I did! If $600 every 2 or three years works for you, than best of luck!
October 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Motoelf Nice unit
I bought this unit to replace my 6 year old LMS 522. I've only had it out several times so far but its everything I expected. the new contour with depth feature is really nice and the land feature has an 3d look to it.
August 21, 2013
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime