Lowrance® HDS-8 Gen2 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
- High-definition 8.4" Super VGA color viewing
- Brilliant, enhanced SolarMAX™ PLUS display for superior sunlight and wider-angle viewing
- Pure-white LED screen/keypad backlighting fully adjusts to zero-dim for night viewing
- Programmable and soft keys controls
- Built-in, exclusive Insight USA® mapping
- Real-time StructureMap™ capability
- Award-winning Broadband Sounder™
- Internal GPS Antenna
- Advanced Memory
The Lowrance® HDS-8 Gen2 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter offers high-definition 8.4" Super VGA color viewing with a brilliant, enhanced SolarMAX PLUS display for superior sunlight and wider-angle viewing. The pure-white LED screen/keypad backlighting fully adjusts to zero-dim for night viewing. Programmable and soft keys controls. All Lowrance HDS Gen2 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotters come standard with Real-time StructureMap capability, award-winning Broadband Sounder, a super-accurate Internal GPS Antenna, and Advanced Memory. The HDS-8 Gen2 is available with your choice of built-in exclusive Insight USA® mapping.
For information on service and warranty programs click here:
- Fastest HDS® ever. Lightning-fast chart updates.
- Real-time StructureMap™ capability for overlaying StructureScan® Sonar Imaging data and maps to create a more lifelike underwater view.
- Award-winning Broadband Sounder™ comes standard on all HDS fishfinder models! Mark and display everything underwater at higher speeds and at greater depths to 3,000"
- Super-Accurate, Internal GPS Antenna comes standard on all HDS chartplotter models! Reliable position accuracy in navigation with high-sensitivity GPS receiver with WAAS corrections.
- Insight USA® High-Definition Mapping is included with most HDS chartplotter models! Dynamic contour relief shading produces a lifelike presentation of underwater topography.
- Advanced Memory with up to two waterproof SD card slots to load Nautic Insight® HD or Navionics® map options. You can also record and save vital sonar and navigation data, and upload future HDS software feature updates.
Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 9
Rated 5 out of 5 by JasperFishing HDS 8 worth the money for front of boat
I used to run the HDS 5 on the front of the boat. Thought that was all I needed until I put the 8" screen HDS-8 up front. What an awsome view standing on the front deck!!!
May 15, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5
by ComancheMike HDS 8 Generation 2
I installed this unit with an LSS-1. Please read my review of the LSS-1. These units do work as advertised. On a 3rd and 4th trip I spen a lot of time scanning some of the areas I fish frequently and have received a good education on why I catch fish in some areas and why I don't catch fish in others. I have struck several of th "fishy" looking areas from my favorites list because of what I learned using the HDS8/LSS-1. Most amazing is the way man made structure and debris around bridges and docks looks with these units. And when I do find fish around these places, I leave them to cool off for while and come back. I like to scout a few places and plan a sequence to fish them after I have located bass and decided on baits and techniques. These units are expensive for an old retired soldier, but I used my Bass Pro Shops Reward Points and the 300.00 Rebate from Lowrance to save 650.00 on these units. I am well pleased with the performance and can't wait to see what I learn about my local water on the next trip. I have save some gas too. The Yamaha 250 does not burn a lot @ idle when the Lowrance HDS8 and LSS-1 is in the Sructure Scan Mode.
April 26, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Okangler Best buy ever
I just upgraded to the HDS 8 Gen 2 and the processor speed and sturcture overlay is unbelievable!
April 17, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Fullt225 HDS 8
I've just upgrade from the HDS 7 in the last 30 days. HDS 8 unit is faster loading and the Soft Keys are great to use. Most of the everyday features are a push button away. 4 screens are great to have right in front of you. I think that the best feature is to be able to scroll back to what you have passed if you want to have a second look. The updates are simple to get from the Lowrance site. Networking other HDS units is simple with ethernet cables linking Waypoints and Structure Scan transducer.
April 17, 2012
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime