Lowrance® HDS-8 Gen2 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
- High-definition 8.4" Super VGA color viewing
- Brilliant, enhanced SolarMAX™ PLUS display for superior sunlight and wider-angle viewing
- Pure-white LED screen/keypad backlighting fully adjusts to zero-dim for night viewing
- Programmable and soft keys controls
- Built-in, exclusive Insight USA® mapping
- Real-time StructureMap™ capability
- Award-winning Broadband Sounder™
- Internal GPS Antenna
- Advanced Memory
The Lowrance® HDS-8 Gen2 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter offers high-definition 8.4" Super VGA color viewing with a brilliant, enhanced SolarMAX PLUS display for superior sunlight and wider-angle viewing. The pure-white LED screen/keypad backlighting fully adjusts to zero-dim for night viewing. Programmable and soft keys controls. All Lowrance HDS Gen2 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotters come standard with Real-time StructureMap capability, award-winning Broadband Sounder, a super-accurate Internal GPS Antenna, and Advanced Memory. The HDS-8 Gen2 is available with your choice of built-in exclusive Insight USA® mapping.
For information on service and warranty programs click here.
- Fastest HDS® ever. Lightning-fast chart updates.
- Real-time StructureMap™ capability for overlaying StructureScan® Sonar Imaging data and maps to create a more lifelike underwater view.
- Award-winning Broadband Sounder™ comes standard on all HDS fishfinder models! Mark and display everything underwater at higher speeds and at greater depths to 3,000"
- Super-Accurate, Internal GPS Antenna comes standard on all HDS chartplotter models! Reliable position accuracy in navigation with high-sensitivity GPS receiver with WAAS corrections.
- Insight USA® High-Definition Mapping is included with most HDS chartplotter models! Dynamic contour relief shading produces a lifelike presentation of underwater topography.
- Advanced Memory with up to two waterproof SD card slots to load Nautic Insight® HD or Navionics® map options. You can also record and save vital sonar and navigation data, and upload future HDS software feature updates.
Rated 4 out of 5 by 10
Rated 5 out of 5 by JTMont Great
If you don't have these products on your rig, uuuuuuu are just fun fishing. Serious anglers, these units are a must! Love it!
August 27, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by JasperFishing HDS 8 worth the money for front of boat
I used to run the HDS 5 on the front of the boat. Thought that was all I needed until I put the 8" screen HDS-8 up front. What an awsome view standing on the front deck!!!
May 15, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5
by ComancheMike HDS 8 Generation 2
I installed this unit with an LSS-1. Please read my review of the LSS-1. These units do work as advertised. On a 3rd and 4th trip I spen a lot of time scanning some of the areas I fish frequently and have received a good education on why I catch fish in some areas and why I don't catch fish in others. I have struck several of th "fishy" looking areas from my favorites list because of what I learned using the HDS8/LSS-1. Most amazing is the way man made structure and debris around bridges and docks looks with these units. And when I do find fish around these places, I leave them to cool off for while and come back. I like to scout a few places and plan a sequence to fish them after I have located bass and decided on baits and techniques. These units are expensive for an old retired soldier, but I used my Bass Pro Shops Reward Points and the 300.00 Rebate from Lowrance to save 650.00 on these units. I am well pleased with the performance and can't wait to see what I learn about my local water on the next trip. I have save some gas too. The Yamaha 250 does not burn a lot @ idle when the Lowrance HDS8 and LSS-1 is in the Sructure Scan Mode.
April 26, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Okangler Best buy ever
I just upgraded to the HDS 8 Gen 2 and the processor speed and sturcture overlay is unbelievable!
April 17, 2012
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime