Lightfield Commander Sabot Slug Shotshells
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
- Unique saboted slug design for higher performance on every shot
- Impact discarding sabot - higher slug stability for more accuracy
- Controlled slug expansion for deeper penetration
Lightfield Ammunition Corporation specializes in manufacturing the hardest hitting, most accurate saboted slugs available to today's hunters for use in their rifled shotgun barrels, even at extended ranges. Lightfield takes this proven performance to the next level with its Commander Sabot Slug Shotshells. The Commander slug design utilizes an impact discarding sabot, instead of the traditional two-piece fall-away sabot found in most slugs. This unique design delivers a higher level of slug stability, giving you greater accuracy with every shot. The impact discarding sabot also helps produce a controlled expansion slug, producing deeper penetration for more effective shots.
Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 2
Rated 5 out of 5 by Armystrong1 only for big game
this round it perfect for bear ,moose, and elk; not for deer because it meant for going trough rough skin not thin skin like deer
July 21, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Geekhunter hard hitting and hard recoil
when you're hunting deer these slugs will get the job done but I've moved away from them for the following reasons.
1. The slug comes apart in the deer which destroys a lot of meat as well as makes it a scavenger hunt trying to find during butchering. I've used other Lightfields and have not had this problem.
2. Shooting a 3-1/2 inch shell in a shotgun produces some stiff recoil. These are even stiffer.
Since the majority of shots for me are under 150yds I see no reason to kill my shoulder shooting the heavier load.
June 21, 2012
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime