La Crosse® Weather Pro Wireless Weather Station with PC Interface - Model WS-2811SAL-IT
- Solar-powered wind sensor
- Self-emptying rain bucket
- Thermo-hygro sensor
- LCD base receiver holds 3,000 weather data sets
- Displays date and time in 12- or 24-hour format
- Forecast icon with tendency indicator
- Idoor/outdoor temperatures (F or C) from -40 to 140 degrees F
- Indoor/outdoor relative humidity
- Windchill, speed (up to 118 mph), and direction
- Rainfall rate and totals moon phase
- Historical weather graphs
- Mounting hardware included
- USB transceiver plus free download of software
Manufacturer model #: WS-2811SAL-IT.
Rated 1 out of 5 by 1 reviewer.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Triton20XS Worst Purchase ever I would like to start by stating that BPS Customer Service is second to none. I have tried to make two of the units work and neither unit would recognize the wind module at the base unit. When I got the first unit and I set it up on the porch as shown on the installation video everything work but the wind module. I thought oh well got a bad unit. I called BPS and they sent me another unit along with a pre-paid return shipping label for the defective unit immediately. With the second unit I was extra diligent in following the solar charging time frames even allowing extra time before attempting to set the unit up. Again as with the first unit the wind module failed to connect. I really liked the idea of a solar powered wind module, so I wouldn’t be on the roof changing batteries as I had to do with my old unit. I therefore sent La Crosse Customer service an e-mail, requesting assistance. They have no phone you can call for help. After several days I got a response back to items to check and try. These did not help. I sent them another e-mail stating that it was not help. Again after several days I got a response stating to ship the main console and module to them. I asked for a pre-paid shipping label. The response was a cut and paste of the warranty clause stating shipping was to be at my expense. I responded that I did not see how a new unit that never worked was warranty and that I would return it to BPS for FREE. I will never buy another La Crosse product again. November 23, 2012
1-1 of 1
1 Question | 2 Answers
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
1 of 1
1 of 1