Hornady® Critical Defense® Handgun Ammo
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
- Effective, consistent, and reliable self-defense from Hornady
- Patented FTX bullet with Flex Tip® design
- Controlled expansion, flat trajectories, and large, deep wound cavities over a wide range of velocities
- Clean burning and stable propellants for reduced recoil and consistent performance in all temperatures
- Minimal muzzle flash to protect night vision
- Cannelured and crimped to avoid bullet setback
- High visibility silver nickel plating to prevent corrosion
The pinnacle of Hornady's self defense ammunition, Critical Defense handgun ammo combines quality propellents and design with the patented controlled expansion FTX bullet for effective, consistent, and reliable self-defense. Critical Defense round utilize Hornady's clean burning and stable propellants for reduced recoil, consistent performance in all temperatures, and minimal muzzle flash to protect night vision. Unaffected by thick and heavy clothing, these rounds feature Hornady's patented FTX bullet. The FTX's Flex Tip design delivers superior controlled expansion, flat trajectories, and large, deep wound cavities over a wide range of velocities. Critical Defense rounds are also expertly cannelured and crimped to avoid bullet setback, and feature a high visibility, shiny silver nickel plating to prevent corrosion. Feeds reliably in all pistols.
Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 34
Rated 5 out of 5 by plnsmn Dependable Firing
Aftern firing about 250 rounds of Hornaday 9MM I am exceptionally satisfied with their performance. Never a misfire and consistent groupings were experienced. I reach for Hornaday 9MM when shopping for that caliber.
March 12, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by TheMissouriKid Great carry round
My XD9 loves this round and youtube ballistic tests show this round to have good penetration and knock down power.
March 12, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ville69 Best there is
Best ammo going works perfect in my S&P 40 compact
March 9, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by BeagleDad not yet
The bullets load well in the mag, and chamber without any problems, gun functions properly when firing these rounds. I have not yet used them for their intended purpose.
March 5, 2014
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime