Hornady® Critical Defense® .22 WMR Rimfire Ammo
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
- Effective, consistent, and reliable self-defense for rimfire guns
- Optimized for short barrel firearms
- 45-grain FTX bullet with Flex Tip design
- Controlled expansion, flat trajectory, and large wound cavities over a wide range of velocities
- Stable, clean burning propellants - reduced recoil, consistent performance
- Minimal muzzle flash to protect night vision
- High visibility silver nickel plated cases - prevents corrosion
Bringing the performance of Hornady's best self defense ammunition to rim fires, Critical Defense .22 WMR Rimfire Ammo delivers effective, consistent, and reliable self-defense. Critical Defense rounds utilize Hornady's clean burning and stable propellants for reduced recoil, consistent performance in all temperatures, and minimal muzzle flash to protect night vision. Unaffected by thick and heavy clothing, these rounds feature a 45-grain FTX bullet with Flex Tip. This specially designed bullet delivers superior controlled expansion, flat trajectory, and large, deep wound cavities over a wide range of velocities. High-visibility shiny silver nickel-plated case resists corrosion. 1700 fps.
Manufacturer's model #: 83200.
Rated 4 out of 5 by 1
Rated 4 out of 5 by Idahoguy Hornady CD 22 Wmr
I have shot almost all brands of 22 Magnum ammo with three rifles. I shoot off a bench with a scope to check accuracy. I just bought some Hornady Critical Defense and shot it. I had three misfires out of 42 bullets, that's the bad news. Good news is they are as accurate as anything I've shot. I shot into water jugs to check expansion and retention, and was pleased with the mushroomed bullet. I'll have to live with the misfires, I'm shooting a lever action Henry, and can get another in there in a hurry. I hope they can make them so they go off every time.
June 14, 2014
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime